This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

When it comes to favorites for me, I can rarely ever pick just one. For television shows, in particular, I enjoy far too many to narrow my list down to simply one show that resonates with me above any others. I am a huge fan of television–from older sitcoms to modern dramas, there’s an abundance of shows that I can rewatch all the time, and that I enjoy over-analyzing and having in-depth discussions about. 

Here is an overly long list (in no particular order) of just some of my favorite TV shows–but ones that I absolutely love to rewatch.

— Sitcoms — 

When it comes to situational comedies, I tend to enjoy ones that are a little older. While there are a few modern sitcoms that I enjoy now, I can always count on these when I’m feeling nostalgic.   

1. “Everybody Loves Raymond”

“Everybody Loves Raymond” is probably the show I’ve watched for the longest. Its simple concept of living across the street from your overbearing and intrusive parents/in-laws makes for several hilarious situations. I’ve always loved the show for its portrayal of family, and I’ve found it relatable in its refusal to shy away from the fights families have, and the central aspect that food has in familial relationships. 

1. “Seinfeld”

“Seinfeld” is easily one of the most iconic sitcoms to ever exist, as it captures these obscure, yet ridiculous observations of life that make it relatable, yet also one-of-a-kind in its context. Seinfeld invented catchphrases, paved the way for future sitcoms, and openly showcased obnoxious and rude characters to represent the realities of daily interactions. 

1. “Frasier”

“Frasier” is one of the smartest comedies that I’ve loved for many years, and it just happens to be one of the most successful spin-offs (and one that I personally prefer to its predecessor, “Cheers”.) It’s one of the more emotional comedies as well, focusing on the hardships of family, and investing in someone else’s distress, while still showcasing some absurd and hilarious scenes that make it very enjoyable whenever I rewatch. 

1. “The Office” 

“The Office” is such a unique show, and it stands in very obvious contrast to the rest on this list. I love the utilization of the ‘mockumentary’ style that this show has, and how the camera is almost a character as well. The show has so many oddly hilarious lines, and yet, it still captures some emotional sequences that make it extremely binge-worthy. 

1. “Friends”

It felt far too wrong to not include “Friends” on this list. Over the years, I’ve distanced myself from “Friends” as I’ve just found other shows to be of a much higher quality. However, through growing up watching the show, it’s one that will always serve as a comfort to me, even if I use it more as background noise now over anything else. 

— Dramas —

Lately, I’ve been venturing away from my sitcom enjoyment and have been instead binge-watching several Netflix dramas (“The End of the F***ing World” and “Unbelievable” have been my recent obsessions.) While dramas aren’t as easy to rewatch as sitcoms, there are still a few that hold a special place in my heart. 

1. “Orange Is the New Black”

“OITNB” established the popularity of Netflix originals, and even though it was initially labeled as a comedy, the show’s content has left me in tears and on the edge of my seat more times than I can count. The framing narrative of the story is so beautifully constructed, and something that I enjoy looking back on.

1. “American Horror Story”

While I have very strong opinions about some of the seasons of “AHS”, it is a show that is undeniably original, with unsettling imagery and gripping plot lines. The anthology aspect of the show makes it very easy to rewatch, even with some frightening plot lines. 

1. “Lost”

Stepping away from the popular Netflix dramas, and switching to something more science-fiction-esque, “Lost” is one of the most captivating dramas I’ve ever seen, and not to mention, it has one of the greatest pilot episodes in TV history. While the show constantly leaves you with questions, it’s interesting to rewatch to catch details you might’ve missed the first time around.

Lauren Serge

Ohio U '23

Lauren Serge is currently a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Journalism and specializing in Marketing and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is the current President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus OU chapter. She enjoys writing, walking, spending time with her family, friends, and her dog, as well as catching up on her many favorite tv shows.