5 YouTube Channels You Should be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Spending copious amounts of time online has undoubtedly become part of today’s college lifestyle. Whether it’s for school, work, or entertainment, many hours of our day is spent clicking and tapping away on our phones, computers and tablets. YouTube, as the second most popular website in the world, certainly tops the list of places college students are spending their time online. But, it could be more than just wasted hours each evening. Here are some channels you should be watching to make your ‘watch time’ more worthwhile:

Me when I start watching videos:

1. Thomas Frank (College Info Geek)

College Info Geek, or Thomas Frank, is a YouTube channel no college student should miss. Thomas offers videos breaking down various study techniques, as well as tips on how to be more productive and answer certain types of questions on tests. All of which is helpful advice on how to survive the crazy, stressful time in our lives known as college.

2. Clancy Burke

Clancy Burke is a lifestyle YouTuber that uploads vlogs, advice on her time in college, story time videos, as well as behind the scenes videos at her job as a news reporter in Dayton, OH. These videos could be very helpful to students who are majoring in broadcast journalism or just want to know what this industry is like!

3. Michelle Reed

Michelle Reed is also a lifestyle/beauty YouTuber that focuses on the college experience. Her most popular videos include ‘Clothes You Need and Don’t Need for College’, and day in the life videos of her experience attending school in New York City. Her channel is geared more towards first-year students looking to be as prepared as possible for their next steps.

4. Brothers Green Eats

If there’s anything that 100% of college students have in common, it’s that we all eat, and none of us want to spend lots of time or money to do it. Thankfully, Brothers Green Eats knows about the struggle, and is here to help! Their popular series, College Cooking, shows quick, simple recipes that allow even those of us with little cooking experience to make good food at home, with ingredients we probably already have around!

5. WaysToStudy

I’ll end this list with one last college productivity channel, this time focusing specifically on studying. WaysToStudy goes more in-depth on how to make the best of your time in lectures, shares her morning routine as a law student, and even has multiple videos where she studies on camera, so you can have a virtual study buddy if you need one! I like that her channel makes studying and being prepared for exams look like manageable work because it can often be daunting and easy to put off for a while.

Happy watching! Let me know which YouTube channels are your favorite, for entertainment or productivity.

Hi! I'm Elisabeth! I'm currently a senior at Ohio University, studying Visual Communication with a certificate in Social Media. I love singing, watching movies and hanging out with friends. I also thoroughly believe baseball season is the best time of year.