Style

5 Easy Last Minute Halloween Costumes For Procrastinators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Halloween is just a few days away and all of the procrastinators out there have just now started thinking about a costume. As most college students do, they always push Halloween aside until the last minute. They end up panicking, rummaging through their closet for anything they can find hoping they can pull something together. Here are five costumes most people either already have in their closet or are very easy to buy in a store close to you.

1. A bank robber

All that this costume consists of is a black and white striped shirt with black pants. If you are able to get a mask to go with this costume that’s great, but it will also work without one! Another thing you could do for this costume is buy a cheap, plain bag and put a “$” sign on it.

2. A person from the ‘80s

When you are looking for clothes for this costume, just look for as much neon as you can find. For this costume, you can pair as many neon clothing items together as you can and it will work. Another thing you can do is crimp your hair. If you can’t get your hands on a crimper, just curl your hair tightly and do a lot of teasing.

3. Tourist

For this costume, you may need to go to a thrift store close to you to find a Hawaiian shirt. You can pair this with a pair of khaki shorts (but due to the temperature khaki pants may be the better choice). To top off this outfit you could get some accessories such as a bucket hat, a fanny pack, and of course…socks with sandals.

4. Nerd

Most of this outfit you probably already have in your closet. All you need is a button-up shirt (a flannel will work just fine), a pair of jeans and some converse. If you can find some suspenders, glasses, or a bow tie this will really bring the costume together, but these items are not needed.

5. Scarecrow

The only clothing you will need for this costume is a flannel, jeans (jean overalls are even better), and a straw hat if you can find one. The main thing you will need to do is paint your face like a scarecrow. If needed you can use eyeliner and blush to do this makeup look. You can look up tutorials on Youtube that will be more specific about how to do the makeup.

Macy Cantrell is a Strategic Communications major at Ohio University.