This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Okay, ladies, we all know fall is coming soon, but are you ready for it? We all know it’s hard to look cute on campus or at work while still wanting to be comfortable. These four fall looks are fashion forward and to die for. Get ready to turn head

1. Layers, layers, and more layers!

Layers work wonders because you can really play around with them. Cardigans are so good for this. You can easily dress them up or dress them down. The same thing applies to flannels. Unbuttoned flannels go well with almost any shirt. Plus, you can tie it around your waist for more of a casual-cool look. Not to mention, by wearing layers you can take them off or put them on depending on the temperature.

2. Scarves 

A scarf goes a long way. Whether it’s patterned or plain, they always make a good accessory for any outfit. From silk to fur, to just plain cotton, you can never say no to a good scarf. Not only are they comfy but they scream trendy. This year you can dig out that wool knitted scarf your grandma made you for Christmas and rock it as a one of a kind piece!

3. Braids

Braids are essential for this upcoming fall because they scream “I actually tried today”! And who doesn’t love a little bit of effort? Braids are very helpful when it comes to cold weather because they usually stay in place. With beanies and hoods put on during long walks to classes, braids do a good job of remaining intact. Plus they are adorable and work for most hair types.

4. Autumn Colored Lipsticks

What a way to start the day with a bold autumn colored lipstick. Maroons, dark purples, and browns are the definite go-to for this upcoming season. These colors really make your face pop in the best way and will go with your outfit perfectly. Rich colors such as wine or cranberry give the impression that you spent a good amount of time on your makeup, even if you didn’t. If you have dark under eyes from studying so hard the night before, don’t worry! Everyone will be focused on your lips and  the bold color you choose.

With following these few trends, you are on your way to having nothing less but a chic season.

Mia White

Ohio U '21

A 20-year-old aspiring journalist. I live by the motto "Happiness never goes out of style", and you should too!