Style

2018 Fall Fashion Trends To Incorporate Into Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With the passing of Halloween, it’s now time for cozy movie nights, pumpkin spice galore, and most importantly, fall fashion trends. Every year we get excited to cover up our summer tans with big cozy sweaters and chic winter boots. Here are some of the biggest trends this season and how you can incorporate them into your wardrobe with ease!

1. Fuzzy Jacket

Fuzzy jackets are one of our favorite trends. Not only is wearing one similar to walking around wrapped up in your bed comforter, but it’s super chic, too! To style this comfy trend, we recommend pairing it with some ripped jeans and ankle booties for a super cozy and classy look. Accessorize with a warm winter beanie and gloves to transition this piece to the even colder, winter months.

2. Animal Print

The inner Jersey girl inside me is screaming right now. Animal print is back, baby. These prints are super versatile and spruce up virtually any outfit. Cheetah, zebra, and even snakeskin prints are making a comeback. We recommend pairing animal prints with tons of neutrals and basics. Printed tops can easily be paired with some simple blue jeans and solid colored booties. As for the animalistic bottoms, we’d advocate for a simple black top for a sleek look.

3. Puffer Jackets 

Puffer jackets are back to being fashionable. We’re not necessarily talking about the ones that swallow you alive that your mom used to zip you up in elementary school. In 2018, we’re rocking cropped and metallic puffer jackets. We would suggest these jackets for the fall, as a cropped jacket isn’t exactly ideal during a blizzard. Pair it with some high-waisted skinny jeans and a cropped tank and you should be good to go.

4. Plaid

Plaid is certainly in this fall. This trend has been seen on numerous Instagram bloggers as well as Kendall and Kylie, so we know it must be good. This schoolgirl chic style can be achieved through a men’s oversized suit or with a classic mini skirt and blazer combo.

5. Chunky Sneakers

This 90’s style trend is here to stay this fall. Chunky white sneakers are especially popular on Instagram babes and have been seen on models such as Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner. Style these with virtually anything to bring your outfit to the next level.

6. Shine

Shiny fabrics and latex dresses are extremely hot this fall. This may be single-handedly due to Kylie Jenner bringing it back this October, but we can’t be sure. Incorporating a shiny piece into your wardrobe is a must this fall. We recommend letting the piece speak for itself, and adding a few simple accessories wouldn’t hurt, either.

Jaime is currently pursuing her bachelor's degree in Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development at Ohio University. Although she's from the Jersey shore, you won't find her fist pumping at the club very often. She is extremely passionate about fashion, animals, and the environment. You can almost always find her hanging out her with her cats, shopping at thrift stores, or hiking in the woods!