This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The fall season is finally here! The season is best for cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes and great movies. There are so many movies that give off fall vibes, and I’m here to share some of my favorites with you. So grab your pumpkin spice lattes, throw on your comfiest slippers, and get ready to cozy up on the couch with these fantastic movies!

With Honors

This movie is a great one to watch in the fall. I haven’t heard many people talk about this movie, but it has quite a few familiar faces in it, including Joe Pesci, Brendan Fraser, and Patrick Dempsey. “With Honors” takes place at Harvard over the course of a school year, but the fall vibes are strong at the beginning of the movie. With the cold beginning to creep in, this is a great movie that will warm your heart.

Donnie Darko

donnie darko jake gyllenhaal 1108x0 c default

Credit: Little White Lies

If you’re looking for a movie that’s more of a thriller but not too scary, then “Donnie Darko” is a great option. This movie stars a young Jake Gyllenhaal as he learns the world is ending. This movie will have you asking questions until the very end, and even then, you will probably need to watch it again. This movie will definitely leave an impact and is excellent for the spooky season.

Legally Blonde

Of course “Legally Blonde” has to be on this list. This movie also takes place at Harvard. It is such a fun movie to watch, and it really gives girl power. The ending scene is one of my favorites, but I won’t give any spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie.

Twilight

Twilight

Credit: Sumit Entertainment

Twilight is one of those movies that you have to watch every fall just for the vibes it gives off. This is one of the most “memed” movies of all time, yet I can’t go one autumn season without watching it. The soundtrack is fantastic, and the image of Forks, Washington is beautiful. Plus, what’s a better way to kick off fall than vampires and werewolves?

Phantom of the Opera

This one is for all the musical lovers. The “Phantom of the Opera” is a fantastic film adaption of the beloved musical and is perfect for fall. The film immerses you into the Paris Opera House, and the Phantom has just as much of a hypnotizing effect on viewers as he does on Christine Daaé. This film is great to cozy up with as you listen to the “music of the night.”

Harry Potter

1440x810 cmsv2 df119a14 4bec 5749 aabc 5b513cf5eac1 7274042

Credit: Warner Bros.

Who hasn’t seen these beloved movies? If you haven’t, now is the perfect time to watch them. And if you’re like me and have seen them, you know the fall weather calls for a rewatch of the entire series! It’s time to light some candles, make some butterbeer, and get transported to Hogwarts.

Witches of Eastwick

This is a classic film that never gets old! This supernatural comedy is such a fun watch! It follows three women who get their wishes granted when a strange man enters their lives. If you’re looking for something different to watch, look no further than this cult classic.

The Devil Wears Prada

ANNE HATHAWAY TDWP 021122 default land TDWP

Credit: Glamour UK

What’s better than NYC in the fall? “The Devil Wears Prada” is an exquisite movie, and the vibe the city gives off in the fall is like no other. Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway shined in these roles. The fashion in this movie is so good, and the entertainment that this cast brings is never-ending. It’s definitely worth the watch!

Coco

This movie is fun for all ages! This movie has another fantastic soundtrack, and it really reminds you of the importance of family during this time of year. This movie will take you through a rollercoaster of emotions and have you laughing, smiling, and crying. Pixar movies tend to have that effect.

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

101122 apple holidays festive family fare big image 01 390c51c8f85ce15656642ec324417abff6efbceb s1600 c85

Credit: IMDb

And finally, what’s more classic than Charlie Brown? The Great Pumpkin gives nostalgic vibes and is a fall staple every year. I love starting the fall season off with this movie every year, and I am looking forward to watching it once again.

Hello! My name is Sophia Anness, and I am a freshman HTC Journalism major at Ohio University. I love dancing, reading, and watching movies. I am super exciting to be a part of HerCampus!