10 Best Halloween Costume Ideas From The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, it can be stressful trying to plan a fun costume. There are so many options to choose from and planning a group costume can be a struggle of its own. Here are some of the best costumes from our friends at Dunder Mifflin to use for inspiration.

Three Hole Punch Jim – Season 2

This outfit is a classic and super easy to recreate. All it takes is three pieces of paper and a blank stare at the camera and the look is complete.

Pam’s Cat Outfit – Season 2

While the cat outfit is a super basic Halloween costume, set yourself apart by answering your cell phone by greeting “Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam”. Pam’s cat costume is a great place to start when looking for an easy look. Bonus points if you pair it in a couples costume with Three Hole Punch Jim.

Michael’s Two Heads – Season 2

While this look definitely takes some preparation, your friends will all be impressed by your great costume. If you’re worried about being single for Halloween, this costume also gives off the impression that you’re with someone.

Dwight’s Sith Lord – Season 2

All you need to complete this look is a black cape with a hood and a lightsaber. While Dwight may have spent a lot of money on his version, it does not take a lot to copy his look.

Prison Mike – Season 3

This outfit simply requires a bandana and is super easy to complete. Everyone remembers Prison Mike as one of Michael’s most famous alter-egos. This costume can easily be turned into a couples costume if you pair it with a dementor. But if you choose to go solo just be sure to remind everyone about the dementors in prison.

Stanley’s Swamp Creature – Season 5

This costume is great for parties where you want to be left alone, or when you simply want to sleep at your desk like Stanley. This look is super easy and only requires a mask to complete it.

Kevin/Creed/Dwight’s Joker – Season 5

This look requires more work but it definitely will pay off for this great costume. The costume looks more complicated than it is, which will impress your friends. However, this costume is more popular and you probably won’t be the only one with this idea.

Jim’s Dave Name Tag – Season 5

This costume is extremely easy and only requires a name tag to complete. The costume fun for those out there who hate dressing up but have to attend a costume party.

Creed’s Blood – Season 9

Creed’s version of this look is definitely a little questionable, but you can recreate it with a little bit of fake blood and a creepy old man attitude.  

Dwight Pumpkin – Season 9

This does require more work and is a long-term commitment. However, it is a great costume and easy to recreate by sticking a pumpkin on your head. You can always substitute the real pumpkin for a fake one from a craft store. If you choose to go with a real pumpkin, be sure to allow time for it to rot off.

I hope these give you ideas for a fun and creative Halloween!

Elizabeth Cutler is a sophomore English Education major at Ohio University. In her free time Elizabeth enjoys writing, hammocking, painting, and spending time with her dog.