This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

In this day and age, there will come a time where you may just feel low about yourself. Don’t deny it because even the most confident individual experiences moments like this and it’s ok! It can be about your looks, where you are in life, relationship status or just about anything. When these low points hit, it is very important to take care of yourself to lift up your self-esteem!

Take Care of Your Physical Needs!

Exercise is a great way to stay in shape, but it also helps release endorphins that make you feel happier! So, not only are you making yourself look good in a physical sense, you’re making yourself look beautiful in a happier sense!

Source: Giphy

Self Affirmations really work!

If you’re anything like me, you probably have thought or think that self-affirmations are a little cheesy, but I promise you they do work! Words are a powerful thing and we all LOVE to be told positive things about ourselves, so tell yourself you are beautiful, smart or whatever you want! The more you tell yourself these positive things, the more you’ll start to see how true they are!

Source: Giphy

Remember: Confidence Does NOT Come Naturally!

No one is always confident about themselves! Do you really think Michelle Obama, Audrey Hepburn or Eleanor Roosevelt were always confident? I think not! Bumps and stumbles do happen, and I believe that it’s because these women have stumbled and fought through it that has made them great! So rise up!

Source: Giphy

Stop Comparing!

Stop comparing your accomplishments to other people! It does not matter what anyone else is doing in their life because it is not yours. When you dwell on what someone else has that you don’t, you slack on areas of your own life! We all reach certain milestones at our own pace, so take your time and do your thing!

Source: Giphy

Hey! The name is Khaiara but people tend to call me Kay or Khai! I am a junior at Old Dominion, Human Service major and dog lover! I am a die hard humanitarian and my goal is to help people the best I can! The world is big and I just want to leave my mark! My hobbies include drawing, painting, and occasional blogging! Before I started writing for HC ODU I ran my own personal blog site http://www.discoveringwoman.com/. I love writing and plan to continue after I graduate. Follow me on social media if ya want @kaymurrlli