Things to Know When Rushing Fall Formal Recruitment!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Rushing Fall Formal Recruitment was the best experience I have ever had at ODU. Although it’s stressful and overwhelming you meet so many girls and will become a better person through it. When I rushed I realized what was important in my life, and that I needed to surround myself with friends who agreed.

1. FFR will help you make friends!

Source: Giphy

During FFR I reconnected with so many girls. Lots of the girls I went through FFR with are in my sorority and my best friend ran home with me to Delta Zeta.

2. You learn who you are!

Source: Tumblr

All your sisters will want to get to know you and that’ll make you think and realize more about yourself. You’ll discover who you are and what you want in life by being surrounded by curious girls.

3. Rush week is exhausting!

Source: Giphy

Being exhausted every night after FFR has it’s perks. Instead of going out and possibly getting in trouble you’ll want to relax and reflect on your day with the amazing people you meet while finding your place in Greek life.

4. You may be disappointed!

Source: Giphy

I knew what sorority I wanted to rush however, after the second round they dropped me. I was devastated and thought I wasn’t good enough. I almost dropped out of FFR, but I stayed and found an even better fit. Although, the sisters in the other sorority were nice, I would not have been as happy as I am today. Disappointment sucks, but it helped me find my true home.

5. Running Home!

Source: Giphy

This was the most amazing experience of my entire life by far. Being hugged and welcomed by girls who don’t even know your name is so comforting. My bid night, a sister held my hand the entire way to the house and she was so welcoming. She became, not only my best friend but, my big and I could not imagine life if she had not grabbed my hand that night.

Rushing a sorority was the greatest thing I ever decided to do. I cannot imagine what or how my life would be without my sisters! They have become family and my best friends. My bridesmaids will be my sisters because without them, and their support, I would not have such an amazing outlook on life. I know they will always have my back. They are my biggest support system, and they honestly keep me sane.

Hi everyone, I'm Petra (PEE-truh) and I'm an ODU alumna who has branched out to sunny Southern California. Following graduation, I didn't have too much of a plan for where I was going in life but I knew to stay in Virginia was not an option. I wanted more than what was offered there so I started applying to almost every job in all my dream cities and life led me to San Diego. I now do sales, marketing and social media management for a great startup company, Voterfied. I love everything about San Diego and the work I'm doing here. So my advice to everyone, get out of your comfort zone! Take that leap of faith and let life guide you to exactly where you're meant to be. HCXO, Petra!