Which trendy workout matches your personality?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Any trendy girl living in a big city like Manhattan knows that working out, like everything else in life, goes by what’s “in”. Let’s be honest: what’s the point of sweating if you’re not doing it in Soho wearing a “You Can’t Spin With Us” tank? With so many classes and boutique fitness studios around the city, choosing a workout that will match your trendy identity can get difficult. Luckily for you, we tried out the city’s trendiest workouts so you don’t have to.

For the chic girl: SoulCycle-Any girl knows the ideal Sunday in the city consists of brunch, shopping, and SoulCycle. Never been on a bike before? Don’t worry—Soul Cycle makes their spin class feel like a Jay-Z concert, as you’ll pedal away to the hottest songs and an encouraging instructor. This soul-searching workout is the perfect start to your chic Sunday, and you might even end up on a bike next to celebs like Vanessa Hudgens and Amanda Seyfried!

For the calm girl: The Movement-You’ve tried every yoga, pilates, and Zumba class in the city. You need more inspiration to get through your workout class, and encouragement to sweat until you’ve earned your organic green juice afterwards. Looks like The Movement is your place—with different types mixes of yoga, dance, and even therapy-based classes, the fun playlists and uplifting mantras embedded in these classes will make you feel stronger and happier inside and out.

For the hardcore girl: Barry’s Bootcamp-You can spend hours at the gym pounding every machine, and then some, but you see no point in stepping foot in a fitness class. Well, Barry’s Bootcamp will change your opinion on workout classes forever! There’s a reason why so many models and athletes love this workout. The hardcore combination of treadmill cardio drills and muscle strengthening techniques will burn major calories and totally shock your system.

For the hungover girl: Physique 57-It’s 1 PM on a Sunday and your Advils and Venti iced lattes still aren’t quite strong enough to cure that terrible pounding in your head. You need to work out, but the idea of enduring an hour of loud music in a dark room makes you want to puke. Looks like we found your fix: Physique 57. A barre-based workout with blends of stretching and toning, Physique 57 plays relaxing music in a bright, carpeted room, giving you pulsing exercises to tone your entire body. So throw on your biggest sunglasses and leave the Nikes at home: Physique 57 will leave you both refreshed and sore, making it the perfect hangover cure.

For the athletic girl: Tone House NYC-For the girl who jogs on the treadmill twice a month and ate a bowl of blueberries for breakfast this morning, this workout is not for you. But for the girl who woke up at 6am this morning and swears by Whey protein and her Fitbit, head over to Tone House. This fitness studio prides itself on being New York’s first extreme athletic-based fitness gym, and they’re not kidding around. Expect to walk into a dark, red-lit room filled with muscular trainers and professional “toys” hanging from the walls with names like the Core Crusher and the Intimidator. Get ready to toughen up and get toned– your hour at Tone House will bring out the competitive side of you and leave you sweating like the strong athlete you are.

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.