This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

As a warmer-than-ever November settles down, the pungent weather that’s bound to hit New York will make enduring outdoor dining harder. To make the most of these last couple of days and nights where we can enjoy outdoor restaurants without suffering from chills and wearing three layers of clothing, here are some restaurants near NYU and in Soho that are worth a visit: 

1. Laduree 

If you’re feeling elegant, or want to channel your inner Blair Waldorf in Paris, head to Laduree. Located in Soho and modeled after Parisian tea rooms, this restaurant and bakery invites you for outdoor dining in a beautiful jardin. The ambience is beautiful, and the treats are aesthetically pleasing and even better to taste. Of course, Laduree isn’t Laduree without the iconic macaroons. Don’t leave without trying them!

2. Ruby’s

This Australian place is perfect for a casual lunch or brunch. Located next to 3rd Avenue North and in Soho, it is a summeresque, relaxed aesthetic. Besides breakfast foods, it serves an array of salads, bowls, burgers, and pasta. If you feel that you don’t have the stamina for iced coffee in chilly weather, there are so many warm drinks to choose from –matcha included! This place passed the vibe check.

3. Cecconi’s

Located in Dumbo, Cecconi’s is a modern-classic Italian restaurant with breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge. Perfect for a date night or a small group dinner, the Bridge lights up the restaurant as people leisurely wait for their dish to arrive. Whether you have a wood-oven pizza or a pasta dish, Cecconi’s achieves an atmosphere of eclectic ease.

4. Baby Brasa

Located in the West Village, Baby Brasa is a youthful Peruvian restaurant adamant in ensuring that their customers have the best time. Bold and colorful, this trendy restaurant offers live music on Saturday nights, if you’re ever in the mood for dancing. It’s definitely a place to get dressed up, so go on a special occasion or if you’re simply in the mood to have fun. 

5. Gemma 

A rustic Italian place with a laid back ambience, Gemma is both elegant and casual, depending on the occasion. While the indoors is truly gorgeous, outdoor dining is just as enjoyable. It is brightly lit, as if the stars themselves flocked here.  

6. The Coppola Cafe

Located in the West Village, the Coppola is a quaint café perfect to deem it a study space as well as a go-to spot with a friend. Not only does it offer coffee and tea, pastries, paninis, and sandwiches (vegan options included), but also great customer service. And NYU students get a discount. This is what comfort looks like!

7. La Lanterna di Vittorio 

Located amid the bustle of MacDougal Street, La Lanterna has a secluded patio filled with beautiful greenery different from the noise of the city. La Lanterna offers a traditional Italian cuisine, with every and any plate leaving you full for hours. A beautiful setting, great food, and to top it off, even better company. 

Double majoring in Journalism and Media, Culture, and Communication. Janeite and history nerd. Catch me at a used bookstore, or with a coffee mug in my hand, or writing for Her Campus NYU.
Senior at NYU studying English and Journalism. Big fan of conspiracy theories, superheroes, and good coffee.