Style > Beauty

Must-Have Fall and Winter Beauty Items!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Since we are officially in puffer season, it’s time to switch up your routine to accommodate for the change in weather. Here is everything that you need to get you through this winter.

Charlotte Tilbury 

I am a freak for glowy, dewy skin. When I think of that beautiful au naturale model skin, I think of Charlotte Tilbury. So if there is anything I would recommend from Charlotte Tilbury, it’s their complexion products. Besides their Hollywood beauty wands that are constantly out of stock, here are some of my recommendations for the holiday seasons: 

Nudegasm Palette

This is the latest  version of their glowgasm palette. Since the holiday season is near, you can expect this palette to go on sale. This is the powder form of the all-in-one glow kit. They basically took what you can get from their beauty wands and transformed it into a powder. In the palette, you can expect a highlighter, a blush, a conture, and a bronzer. The products are highly pigmented and you really only need the smallest amount to achieve your desired results. And because the product is so buildable, it covers a lot of skin tone ranges. 

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 

I know that this product has been getting a lot of hype, and there is a reason for it. On TikTok you can see models and beauty influencers exclusively just use this product as their base with no foundation. I have always been so curious how it would work on my skin as I have acne scarring and I can say after trying this product out, I can see why this can be someone’s sole base product. Even though this product is more of a primer than a foundation, this product still offers some coverage. But what I love about this product is that it gives off a very natural finish. So even if you do have acne, it is a product you can use if you are on-the-go. It will give you some coverage but ultimately it will make you look glowing and healthy. 

Fenty Skin

Fenty Skin’s hand cream is (in my humble opinion), the best thing that is on the market for my dry hands. If you are a germaphobe like me who washes or sanitizes your hands every time you touch something, this is the product that will save you this winter. The second ingredient on the list is glycerine, so you already know that this is going to be a rich and moisturizing hand cream. 

Chantecaille

Chantecaille has truly impressed me with their complexion product. For fall and winter, all I am going to talk about is their Future Skin Cushion Skincare Foundation. This is the most refreshing  and moisturizing foundation I have ever used. During the winter, my eczema tends to flair up and I look for a product that can work to cover my acne as well as something that wouldn’t emphasize my dry skin. This will be my winter foundation for the rest of the year for sure. 

Hourglass

The Hourglass Ambient Light Palette is a MUST for the holiday season. It has everything you need for you to bring on your vacation: powder, highlighter, bronzer/contour, and blush. Everything from this palette is very finely milled and offers a very smooth and natural looking finish. I think this is one of the best deals in terms of everything you are getting in that one palette. Usually one small pan of their face products is $24. For six pans, that would be $144. You are paying only $80 for a product that is valued at $144, which in my opinion, is a very good deal. 

Glossier 

The latest release from Glossier are their eyeshadow palettes. I think this is the palette for you if you are on-the-go. These are small enough to fit into your purse for a quick touch up but its monochromatic colors allow for an easy eye look. They are all very easy to use eyeshadows and offer a range of matte, satin, and shimmer shadow types. The palettes also come with a mirror inside which you can take out. 

Amika 

The hair product recently launched from this brand that I have been obsessed with is the The Kure Intense Bond Repair Hair Mask. With the winter approaching, my bleached blonde hair is only going to get even more dry. To prevent my split ends from getting worse, this is the hair mask I have been using. This hair mask is so luxurious and leaves my hair soft for days after use. Even though it is on the heavier side, it is good for all hair types. What is so special about this product is that it contains a Bond Cure Technology: An innovative complex that targets the most abundant bonds in hair. Think of this like an Olaplex type of product. 

Ouai 

I know when you think of Ouai, you think of their hair products, but what I want to highlight are their perfumes and candles. I think we all know that the Ouai hair product scents are extremely intoxicating, which is why Jen Atkin (the Founder of the brand as well as the Kardashian’s hair stylist) decided to release scents. My favorite two are North Bondi as well as Melrose Place. Melrose Place has a sweet rose note combined with some woody tones that are not overwhelming at all. North Bondi is more of a neutral scent and is good for everyday wear. 

If you try any of these products out, let me know on IG: @rens.nyc.

Serena is a senior editor for the NYU campus. She is a rising senior studying economics and psychology. Her interests besides writing for Her Campus are keeping up with the latest high fashion trends as well as testing new beauty products. If you have any questions or just want to chat, hit her up on Instagram/TikTok @rens.nyc