This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Let’s be honest, I’m not much of a podcast person. I don’t have the attention span, but somehow these podcasts genuinely took me away: 

Acting My Age by Rohini Elyse

I was first introduced to Rohini on YouTube and loved her videos. When I found out she was starting a podcast, I had to give it a try. Acting My Age is full of funny stories, sisterly advice, and much more. The podcast description says it all: “Rohini Elyse wants to take a deep, un-filtered dive into the many life transitions women go through. Instagram is the place to post her pretty pictures, Youtube gets a peek at the goofy side, but this Podcast? It’s here to let it alll rip!” This podcast is entertaining, and you get to learn something along the way. It’s the best of both worlds (did anyone else hear Hannah Montana in their head?!)

The Moth by the Moth

The Moth highlights real stories of ordinary people’s lives. It’s recorded live in various locations across the country and each person tells their story–without any notes–to an audience full of strangers. Sounds daunting, right? It’s intimate and exciting, for the audience and speaker alike. It’s a beautiful showcase of human connection through a single story; it reveals the power of storytelling. If you’re someone who loves stories and hearing about people’s journeys, you should check this podcast out! 

Invisibilia by NPR

Invisibilia features topics that are extremely educational and engaging, as well as expansive; they cover topics ranging from uncertainty to artificial intelligence to immortality. And what’s really great is that you don’t need previous knowledge on any of the topics before listening, it’s extremely approachable. It takes current, abstract, and sensitive topics like privacy and race and attaches them to specific stories of human experience, creating human-forward narratives and making these topics easier to grasp and connect with. If you’re looking for a podcast that’s equally educational and gripping, Invisibilia is the one for you.

Pooja

NYU '23

Pooja is studying business at NYU. She is from the Philadelphia area and loves living in and exploring New York City! Pooja is passionate about fashion, sustainability, and wellness. Have any questions, comments, or suggestions? Or just want to chat? Reach out to her at pa1395@nyu.edu!
Senior at NYU studying English and Journalism. Big fan of conspiracy theories, superheroes, and good coffee.