removing makeup
removing makeup
Original photo by Gabrielle Chua
Style > Beauty

Freshly Launched Beauty Products I Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Roen Beauty New Launch 

If you’ve been following my writing, you know I love Roen Beauty and have tried most of their eyeshadows. So when I saw that they had launched another palette right before the holidays, I was beyond ecstatic. 

Roen’s new launch is the Gold Lust Palette. There are two different formulations in this palette: a satin-sparkle powder formula and a more creamy luminous formula. In my experience, the best way to use these shadows is with your fingers. It’s the perfect gift for both beginners and advanced makeup gurus in your friend group!

Smashbox x BECCA

The most exciting thing I have been looking forward to is the new Smashbox X BECCA line. In case you guys haven’t heard, Estée Lauder was planning to close BECCA as a brand. But right before this announcement, BECCA’s under eye cream went viral and everyone was trying to get their hands on it. Due to this surge in popularity and demand for BECCA’s other bestsellers including their highlighter Champagne Pop, Smashbox (another Estée Lauder company) took in BECCA’s bestsellers to be marketed as Smashbox X BECCA. 

I luckily was able to receive some answers to some general questions about BECCA’s new partnership with Smashbox from their team which I have listed below:

What was the reason for combining Becca with Smashbox? 

“Smashbox and BECCA have always shared similar values – two cruelty-free brands committed to hard-working and award-winning formulas that know good lighting, whether at Smashbox Studios or under the Australian sun. We’re proud to give BECCA’s cult-favorites a forever home.”

Would Smashbox ever attempt to expand Becca?

“Our priority was to honor BECCA, and do so authentically. While we will never attempt to capture or to “expand” BECCA’s brilliance, we do hope to preserve it.”

Would Smashbox bring back other popular products in the future?

“At this time, Smashbox will be adopting only Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed and Under Eye Brightening Corrector with an extended shade range.”

Smashbox X BECCA can be found on Smashbox.com, Ulta.com, Sephora.com and instore.

Kevin Murphy 

SCALP.SPA set is the new hair set that launched in December. Having tried the new releases, I can say I definitely have a holiday favorite: the scalp serum. 

The scalp serum is great for those with dry flaky skin. I usually apply the serum when my hair is damp and the serum leaves a very cooling sensation on my scalp. 

Another favorite is the scalp scrub. This is another perfect product for those who have flaky scalp because of the winter cold. This product allows you to deeply exfoliate all the product build up as well as any dead skin cells. 

Krave Beauty 

If you guys have been following skincare on TikTok, you know that Krave Beauty has received a lot of hype with helping those with acne prone skin as well as helping people recover from damaged skin barriers. 

With their recent relaunch, they changed their packaging to be more eco-conscious. Their new packaging is sourced from post-consumer recycled materials. On top of that, Krave Beauty is donating to Amazon conservation projects, including the Great Barrier Reef Foundation, and are also a member of 1% For the Planet. So everytime you pick up their products, you know it is also for a good cause. 

Krave beauty also promises to be Climate Neutral Certified starting 2020 and has already been able to offset 12 million pounds of carbon from shipping alone. The products are vegan and cruelty free.

Serena is a senior editor for the NYU campus. She is a rising senior studying economics and psychology. Her interests besides writing for Her Campus are keeping up with the latest high fashion trends as well as testing new beauty products. If you have any questions or just want to chat, hit her up on Instagram/TikTok @rens.nyc