This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s that time of year again collegiettes.

The holiday season only means two things to me: hibernation and travel.

I don’t need to give you “How to Hibernate 101,” so instead, here are some of beauty products that I never ever board a plane without – I got you girl.

De-Puffing Eye Treatment

Some people can’t get a wink of sleep on planes, and even when you can, it’s that horrible drift between being asleep and awake.  Add the stress of traveling (especially if you’re like me and pack the day of), and you’ve got yourself the perfect mix for puffy eyes.  Also, if you eat too much sodium, your body retains water, which causes bloating (blame airplane food).  Personally, I can’t rock that look.  Save yourself the trouble by bringing an eye de-puffing cream or rollerball to soothe your poor peepers! 

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller, $13.49, walgreens.com
Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Eye De-Puffer, $20, kiehls.com
Nip+Fab Dark Circle Fix, $15.99, ulta.com

Facial Mist

type=”#_x0000_t75″ alt=”Macintosh HD:Users:sz972:Documents:travelbeauty:caudalie.png”
style=’width:139.5pt;height:226.5pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square’>

o:title=”caudalie” cropleft=”12167f” cropright=”12994f”/>

I’ve already professed my love for spring water facial mists, so there’s no way I’m traveling without one.  I like to “upgrade” to a facial mist with more vitamins to keep my skin from freaking out while flying.  Do you know what the humidity level is in the plane cabin?  5%.  I kid you not.  That’s the humidity level in the Sahara desert, so no wonder you’re skin is left stripped and barren after flights.  Arm yourselves with these travel sized hydration saviors!

H2O+ Face Oasis Mist, $10 (1.7 fl.oz), h2oplus.com (also at the Union Square Duane Reade).
L’Occitane Rose 4 Reines Hydrating Facial Mist, $8 (1.7 fl.oz), usaloccitane.com
Caudalie Beauty Elixir, $18 (1 fl.oz), sephora.com

Dry Shampoo

My dad once said, “Jeez, your hair must be greasy since you have it in a ponytail.” (Read: I never wear my hair up).  Well, he was right, and I was mortified.  Dry shampoo has been my savior ever since, and it works wonders on international flights!  I like to hold up sections of my hair while spraying to get the dry shampoo in between the layers and towards the roots to soak up any oil.  Like the facial mist, remember to buy travel sizes (3 oz or less)! 

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, $7.50 (1.06 oz), dermstore.com
Batiste Dry Shampoo, $3.99 (1.6 oz), ulta.com
Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo, $2.99 (1.76 oz), freemanbeauty.com

Safe travels ladies!

NYU Student, Married to Beauty, Mistress to Sweets, BRIDES fashion intern Spring 2013, Marie Claire beauty intern F/W 2013-14, Cosmopolitan beauty intern Spring 2014, Her Campus NYU beauty blogger, Her Campus National Contributing Writer.Facebook  Twitter  InstagramWill do tricks for cake.Georgia Peach at heart.Obsessed with skincare and makeup.Professional technology assasin.Shoe and bag hoarder.Self proclaimed top-chef.Currently plotting how to sneak my cats from home to NYC.Will hibernate in winter, so please leave a message with your emergency.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.