8 Times Meredith Grey Accurately Portrayed How You Feel About Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Midterms are hell and so is the process of preparing for them but no one knows anxiety and fear like Grey’s Anatomy’s lovely leading lady Meredith Grey. Here are a few times she accurately portrayed our feelings about exam season.

1. When you get the date of your first midterm and tell yourself you are going to be fine

Typically the midterm is announced during syllabus week so you know there is no need to stress yourself out. It’s the beginning of the semester and you tell yourself you will deal with the studying and struggling when the time comes.

2.  But then the test date starts getting closer and closer…

Remember how you told yourself you would deal with it when the time came? Well it’s here and it’s time to worry.

3. When you form a study group, and that one friend says they aren’t worried because they know everything

There’s always at least one know-it-all that we want to punch.

4. Anndddd suddenly it’s the night before your midterm and you’re still studying in Bobst at 3 am

Any NYU student knows, enter LL1 and LL2 during midterm season and you will encounter an abundance of stressed out and exhausted students barely making it through the night.

5. Test day has finally come and someone asks you how you are feeling

Don’t ask a stressed out college student how they are doing unless you are prepared for them to have a mental breakdown in front of you.

6. And then you get to class and you’re sitting in your seat waiting for your professor to pass out the test

We all know how unbelievably agonizing it is when the prof talks for the first couple minutes and you are just ready to get it over with and get out as fast as you can.

7. You finally finish the exam and you walk out of the room all like:

The best way to let loose is with a couple shots of tequila according to Meredith Grey (and everyone else for that matter).

8. But then you remember you can’t party too hard because you have another one next week

Nothing is worse than remembering the first midterm wasn’t your last and this whole cycle will be repeating itself on Monday.

Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein