Style

5 Easy Hairstyles You Can Try During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Finals week is a crazy time for us college students. We’re up early for exams and busy all night studying for our next one. It can feel like there is no time in the day to get basic things done, like our hair, for example. We don’t want to show up on our test day with unruly hair, but we also don’t want to spend valuable study time doing complex hairstyles to look presentable. 

If you’re looking for a solution to your finals hair dilemma, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few hairstyles that are super quick, very cute and require minimal effort!

Messy bun

You’ve got to love a good messy bun. It takes seconds to style and looks chic all day long. I love this hairstyle for finals week because if you’re taking an exam and you don’t want your hair in your face, messy buns are perfect! Because they’re purposefully messy, you don’t have to stress about making them look perfect. They can be unique in the beauty of their messiness. 

braided styles

Braids are another great example of a hairstyle that can be convenient and effortless. There are so many different types and ways you can choose to braid your hair, among those being French braids, Dutch braids, snake braids and fishtail braids. Braids are perfect for finals week because they get your hair out of your face. You’re able to choose what type you want to try depending on how much time you want to spare. You could try a singular braid or two French braids – it all depends on what you’re feeling. 

half up-half down

Half up-half down hairstyles are so amazing because there is so much variety that comes with such a simple style. You simply have to section the top half of your hair away from the bottom. Then, you can decide if you want to use a clip, a hair band or even bobby pins to style it. There are so many options to choose from. You can braid the top section, make a bun from it or just clip it back. All these styles take seconds to complete, and they keep your hair back so you can focus. Half up-half down styles with claw clips have especially been back in style, so you’ll be keeping up with current trends. 

bubble ponytails

Tired of pulling your hair up in a basic ponytail when you’re sick of it being in your face while studying? Never fear, the bubble ponytail is here. For this hairstyle, you start by tying your hair back in a ponytail. Then, you section off smaller parts of the pony and tie them off with little clear rubber hair bands. And just like that, you’ll have a stylish pony that also stops your hair from distracting you. This simple look can spice up your regular ponytails without taking up too much of your time. 

headbands and bows

I love adding a headband or bow to my hair when I leave it down. Headbands come in so many fun colors and have recently been coming back into style. Not only are they stylish, but they do a great job of keeping your hair and/or bangs out of your face! Bows are also cute when used to clip some hair back. These simple hair accessories can make such a difference in your appearance and do not require a lot of effort to use.  

With the craziness of finals season, I hope you’re able to try some of these hairstyles. They will help you to manage your hair and won’t take time away from your studies. Good luck this exam season! Believe in yourself, you got this and you’ve got awesome hair!

Angelica, born and raised in NY, is currently a senior at New York University in the College of Arts & Science! Find her on Instagram @angelicadeviannie :)