10 Feelings Collegiates Experience During Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Winter in NYC is most certainly the slushiest, most unpleasant experience. However, with all the iciness and glum, there are little speckles of winter wonder that still prevail. So grab your Canada Goose parkas, your Hunter boots and buckle up for the time that makes nearly NYU collegiette reconsider just about everything. Here are ten thoughts we all have when that snowy, white season arrives!

The first snowfall:

“Let’s go sledding in Central Park!!!!!!”  

When the snow is still (slightly) fresh: 

“How stunning is my new coat, everyone? It’s unbelievably waterproof!”

When you are just trying to work out, but the weather insists otherwise:

“I should have gone to Palladium…UGHHHHH!”  

When the sight of people being productive starts to bother you:

“Don’t look at me, please.”

When you believe that braving the cold is just too much work, and decide to eat dinner at home

“Nutrition is overrated.”

When you find yourself in an unexpected, but certainly delightful relationship with Netflix:

When the sight of the slippery marble Kimmel staircase get you very, very nervous:

“Please let me survive this flight of stairs.”

When you realized you haven’t left your bed in quite some time:

“My bed is my only friend.”

When you realize you have interacted with very few people all winter:

When it’s finally March and you feel the warmth of that oh so elusive sun on your face: 

“This is the best day of my life!”

There you have it, collegiettes! I believe in your willpower and strength this winter! You can do it!!

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.