The 10 Coolest Classes To Take This Fall

1. Twentysomething!

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22…this course explores how generations today are getting married, having children, and becoming financially independent at a later age than other generations. The term “Emerging Adulthood” is discussed. As we approach our twenties, this class could prove extremely useful and insightful.

2. Food Photography

Have you always wanted to take the perfect brunch Instagram? If so, this class could help you. Food photography teaches you how to capture food using digital and print mediums.

3. Science of Happiness

Health is extremely important. This Science of Happiness course analyzes positive psychology and includes tips to improve mental stamina and stability. A happy camper is the best kind of camper!

4. Intro to The Galleries & Museums of New York

Sometimes with school it is difficult to find time to explore the city. This course guides you in visits of current exhibitions at museums and galleries all throughout New York City. If you are a fan of art, this class is definitely for you.

5. Fashion and Power

What we wear is a significant part of our identities. This course addresses the fashion culture of the globe, how fashion makes meaning, as well as celebrity and Hollywood culture.

6. Sports Broadcasting

Sports broadcast media is introduced in this course. From radio, commercial television, cable television, sports networks, niche networks and more, you will examine a plethora of aspects of broadcasting in one of the most profitable industries in the world. Touchdown!

7. Israel: Fact Through Film and Fiction

This course analyzes Israeli cinema and compares it to contemporary Hebrew fiction. It discusses topics such as politics as well as social and sex-and-gender borders and boundaries. Recent Israeli cinema will be included.

8. Economy of Sex, Drugs, & Rock n' Roll

Human behavior such as drug addiction, crime, marriage, divorce, pornography, prostitution and more can be understood through economics. This course elaborates how to make that connection. Talk about Risky Business!

9. The Music of Poetry and the Poetry of Music

If you like melodies and poetry, take this class. The course teaches how to define and discuss lyricism in music as well as musical and poetic history of the twentieth century. You could be a poet and you don’t even know it!

10. Nature of Success

What does success mean to you? This course evaluates what makes a person successful, what contributes to failure, and the various processes which lead to success. Mission accomplished.