This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Each week we will be introducing you to a member of our team with our series #MeetTheTeamMonday. This week, Emma is answering some questions…

Hey Emma! What year are you in and what are you studying at Nottingham?

I am studying English Language and Literature and I’m in second year… so there’s lots of reading!

What is your position at Her Campus this year?

I am a reviewer and this is my first year writing for Her Campus Nottingham!

What do you like about Her Campus Nottingham?

Her Campus Nottingham is the perfect platform for me to gain writing experience and the team is lovely. Being a reviews writer also means that I have a valid excuse to try new places in Notts!

What is your favourite spot in Nottingham?

On campus, my favourite spot is the Trent Building – it’s still just as impressive. Every time I see Trent Building it reminds me that I’m at a great university and of how far I’ve come to get here. In the city, it has to be the Lace Market area for its independent scene.

Are you a night in or a night out person?

Definitely a night out person, from cocktails to dancing all night at Rock City, if there are drinks involved I’ll be there!

Are you a dog or a cat person?

I’m a cat lover at heart, I miss my cat Aurora when I’m at uni.

What is the one thing you would tell your younger self?

I’d tell her to push herself more and be herself above anything else. I wish I’d had the confidence I have now when I was at school, uni has really brought me out of my shell!
Emma Stirland

Nottingham '21

Editor-in-Chief for Nottingham 20/21 3rd Year English Language and Literature student A bit of a coffee addict, lover of cats and candles and modernist literature
2019/ 2020 Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Nottingham A love for writing, drinking tea & chatting about uncomfortable things.