Meet The New Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

With Freshers Week fast approaching, we thought it was time to introduce you to our new exec team for Her Campus Nottingham 2017/18!

Emily Talbut

Role: Co-Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent

Course: English

Year: Three

I got involved with Her Campus before I’d even arrived in Nottingham, signing up to be a travel writer after seeing some of the past team members posting in freshers groups. I was drawn to the idea of a strong female team of creative thinkers working together, and loved the mixture of fun and chatty but also topical and serious content featured on the site. In my second year I took on an executive role as head of social media where I managed a sub-team of interns alongside continuing to write fortnightly. This increased responsibility prepared me for this role in my final year as overseer of the whole team. I can’t wait to see what we can put together this year, and hope to lead Her Campus forwards in producing more original and exciting content for our readers!

Evangeline Howarth

Course: English and French

Year: Fourth

I joined Her Campus in 2nd year as a way to improve my writing as well as cover topics that interest me. Her Campus has been so welcoming and accommodating; even when I was on my year abroad I was able to write articles! It’s so great to be a part of such a large and international community that is both positive and encouraging for women at university.

Nicole Swain

Role: Head of Social Media

Course: International Media and Communications with Spanish

Year: Two

As someone who is passionate about the media industry, I jumped at the chance to get involved with Her Campus as a Copy Editor during Freshers year as I thought it would be great experience and look good on my CV, but it’s so much more than that. Her Campus has allowed me to meet great people that I would have never crossed paths with otherwise and provided me with amazing opportunities. I’m looking forward to taking on my new role as Head of Social Media, and can’t wait to get stuck in!

Charlotte Robinson

Role: Head of Reviews

Course: History

Year: Three

I joined Her Campus in my second year and it’s definitely the best decision I made. I love how welcoming and hard working the girls on our team are. I had two roles, I was a social media intern and a reviewer. I acquired new media skills in the process of being a social media intern. My ability to write coherently and concisely has strengthened since becoming a reviewer. I took on the role of Head of Reviews as I think reviewing is a fantastic way to enjoy what you love and meet some really cool people along the way.

Cathy Cooper

Role: Events Manager/ Social Sec

Course: English

Year: Three

Joining Her Campus has been an amazing learning experience for me in terms of journalism, social media, organisation, publicity and management. All the girls create such a creative and dynamic team that it’s always fun and easy to express your ideas.

I’m so excited for this next year, to organise many more socials for the team, charity events and our amazing fashion show again! I hope to meet some of you over the year as Her Campus helps you to enhance your skills and express your individuality!

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!