This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

I decided to celebrate Halloween in January as it was made a reference in a series I’d spent my free time watching over the previous couple of months. I surprised my boyfriend on a date to The Haunted Museum and Oddities Collection located on Derby Road, having no idea what was anticipating our arrival inside.

After being welcomed in by the friendly staff we bought our tickets for £8 per person. We entered through the gates into the eerie atmosphere of the museum, where 3 floors of fascinating objects and some film props were awaiting exploration.

Walking through each room, you’re immersed with unsettling background noise or music and stories accompanying certain items on display in a themed room. It’s easy to get lost in time – we spent over an hour wandering around, as each time we scanned the room something new caught our eye and curiosity took over and made us read the posters which sent chills down our spines. The themes of the rooms range from a doll’s room to an exorcist and even include a small cave where you’re given the opportunity to hold a human skull that’s over 100 years old.

We were lucky (or unlucky) enough to be the only people walking around at the time we visited making it all the spookier. Safe to say that when we got back, we mutually agreed on watching a light-hearted comfort film to rid the goosebumps. Whether you believe in the paranormal or not, there’s nothing else quite like The Haunted Museum and Oddities Collection. It’s a hidden gem and a must-visit exhibit.

Deniz Kalayci-Clow

Nottingham '24

Deniz Kalayci-Clow is the co-editor at the Nottingham chapter of Her Campus, she oversees and guides her team of writers, reading and editing a range of topics in weekly articles and publishing them on the website. Her interests include supporting local businesses by introducing fellow readers to the creative corners and helping them feel more comfortable by guiding them through the city. She is currently a final year English student at the University of Nottingham. In her free time, she balances work, creative outlets like art, tries out different forms of exercise, and makes use of any excuse to have a sweet treat to get through the day.