Everything that Happened at The Girl’s Bathroom Live Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

If you’re familiar with the world of YouTubers and influencers, you’ll know Sophia and Cinzia. The YouTube duo launched their podcast, The Girl’s Bathroom, in 2019, and have been dishing out advice on friendships and relationships ever since. It is their magnetic personalities, which complement each other generously, alongside their humorous responses to followers’ dilemmas, that keep listeners tuning in every Wednesday. 

Upon booking tickets to their live show, I had no idea what to expect other than that it would make a memorable night out for my friends and I; which it definitely was! We started off the night in true student style with pesto pasta and wine before we headed to the Theatre Royal in the city centre. Though we were running late, fortunately, we made it to our seats just in time as the lights dimmed and the podcast’s theme tune, “You know the drama..”, began to play. The stage was decorated with a neon sign and red love hearts which hung from above, as well as a baby pink bubble bath. The set-up was an obvious pointer to the girl’s bathroom, but also to the show’s ‘galentines’ theme. In alignment with this aesthetic, the girls came out wearing flamboyant, pink dresses and picture-perfect hair and makeup. It is not an exaggeration to say that they looked like real-life Disney princesses. Whilst I was in awe of how stunning they looked, it was the height of Cinzia’s Valentino heels which astounded me the most. I still have no idea how she managed to walk around the stage, without visibly expressing any fear of stumbling. 

After their introduction to the show, the girls went straight into answering dilemmas that the audience had sent in beforehand. Once they had gone through a few of these, they turned to answering dilemmas from an open mic in the audience; in which audience members proposed predicaments like whether or not they should quit their job, and how they should end things with their “situationship”. Essentially, it was just like watching the duo record their weekly podcast in real life, but with a whole new level of interaction. 

Once the girls had gone through a favourable amount of dilemmas, the interval came and allowed for everyone to top up on drinks, and even treat themselves to some ice cream – which we certainly did! Although, one thing I will say is that drinks were not cheap… 

Twenty minutes later, the girls came back on stage and announced that they were going to host some blind dates. Three boys came out, Brian 1, 2, and 3 (if you listen to the podcast you know), and then one girl, named Eleanor, appeared on the other half of the stage. For the remainder of the show, Sophia and Cinzia interrogated the boys with questions regarding girl best friends and the length of the talking stage, to which Eleanor reacted to their answers. One thing we all learnt from the dates is that Sophia is admirably blunt. For instance, upon hearing one of the boy’s answers, she claimed to understand why he had never had a girlfriend before and made the hilarious suggestion to speed up the elimination process. Eventually, Eleanor picked her match and they were forced to awkwardly, yet entertainingly, interact on stage. This outcome drew the show to a close, and the girls soon said goodbye whilst confetti erupted all over the stage. 

The show was the perfect way to start our night, considering it provided for a laugh which we followed on with cocktails and clubbing. Funnily enough, we actually passed the three boys, who were also on a night out, as we were leaving the club. Overall, if you follow the girls at all and have the opportunity to go to another show they put on, I thoroughly recommend it.

Lily Morrow

Nottingham '23

I am a third year History student at UON <3