This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Emma Slaney

Hometown: Bromley

Degree: 
Geography with Chinese Studies

Year: 
1

Campus Involvement: I’m a true Lacrosse girl despite only having been to 4 sessions! I also play Netball for Cripps.

Dream Job: 
Teaching Scuba Diving in Australia

Personal Claim to Fame: I met Gwen Stefani after her concert but was pretty star struck and only managed to say “that s**t was bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!”

Fun Fact:  I’ve fought in a Boxing Ring in Thailand!                    

Favourite Food: 
Hugh Stu Chicken Baguettes, hold the salad!

Most Embarrassing Uni Moment: In Fresher’s, I attempted to join in on ‘Back Seat of the Bus’ and ended up flashing the only piece of dignity I have left! #letmeseethatthong

Where can you be found on a Friday night in Notts?: Drowning in the Ocean

Anna is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham. She studies American Studies and completed a year abroad at the University of Illinois, USA in 2011/12 where she found her passion for Her Campus by working for Her Campus Illinois as a news editorial intern. After graduating, Anna wishes to pursue her dream of moving to London (or even the US eventually!) and working in something creative and fast-paced, whether it be editing, fashion journalism, PR or publishing. Hobbies (/obsessions) include fashion, shopping, traveling, music and, most importantly, food.