Campus Style: On-Trend Triumph

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Year: 2

Her Campus Loves: Layering – the perfect way to balance practicality and style. The recent weather does not mean you can’t look fierce! (Even in mittens and a red nose!).

Can we please take a moment to thank the fashion Gods for the trends that are hitting the high streets?! Shift dresses, printed trousers – all of which will hide the last bits of the Christmas bulge!

I found this lovely second year who is rocking one of the most popular trends of 2013 – the mom jeans, hers are from Elsie and Fred. To add to her casual outfit, she popped on a vintage Ralph Lauren cropped t-shirt, American Apparel hoodie and vintage leather jacket. I love her suede vans that depart from the uni fave – the classic black and white style. Finishing off the look, she adds a gorgeous dark purple Longchamp bag with contrasting brown handles. The colour of the bag subtly matches  her hoody, which, all in all, creates the perfect casual university outfit – perfect for the Portland Mountain treks!

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.