Campus Style: Brave & Beautiful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Name: Ilana Fox

Year: First

Course: Philosophy

Spotted: Portland

The weather may be cooling off but the first year fashion stakes are definitely heating up with another stylish fresher. Ilana wears a dark acid wash denim jacket with a touch of embroidery to shake up a bit of originality into the sleeves of this Forever 21 buy. Those Topshop white jeans would have been a brave choice in the summer days of lounging on the grass but this autumn weather offers the perfect chance to bring the pearly whites back. Following the trends  set by Rihanna, Rita Ora and Cara Delevigne, Ilana pulls off the black hat look with ease and this eye illustrated ASOS accessory definitely adds a perfect finishing touch. A casual Topshop khaki top and blue Nike Trainers complete the outfit. That may sound like a lot of colours but like Ilana says ‘Be brave’ because bravery never goes out of fashion.

Sheetal studied History at the University of Nottingham and was Campus Correspondent during her final year, before graduating in July 2014. She is currently jumping between jobs, whilst still writing for HC in her spare time. She may or may not be some of these things: foodie, book addict, world traveller (crazy dreamer!), lover of cheese, Australian immigrant, self-proclaimed photographer, wannabe dancer, tree hugger, lipstick ruiner, curly-haired and curious. She hopes for world peace and dreams that someday, cake will not make you fat.