This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Winter is here, and if we’re being honest with ourselves, the cold is the worst. I have lived in Boston my whole life, so I’m pretty used to snowstorms and negative degree temperatures, but the whole “winter” thing is getting pretty old. After “weathering the storm” for years, I’ve found that one way to get over freezing to death is investing in some cozy winter essentials that will bring that warmth back into your life… and maybe make you appreciate winter a little bit more. 

Ugg Slides/Flip Flops

These are a game changer. The classic ugg slippers can be a bit overwhelming since they trap all the heat inside your body and transfer it to your feet in less than five minutes; and trust me, no one likes sweaty feet. Ew. Okay, anyway, that problem can now be easily avoided by purchasing Ugg slides or flip flop slippers. Your feet won’t feel suffocated, and you’ll look super trendy (or maybe super extra)—either way, they’re a great investment. Since these are a little pricey, a bunch of other brands like Amazon, ASOS, Aeropostale and Steve Madden sell similar products!

Pottery Barn Robe

Not going to lie, this is probably my favorite self-purchase. Trust me, this is not just any robe, and if it were socially acceptable to wear it all day I would. Some may say it’s a little over the top, but that’s only because they secretly want one for themselves. If you want to feel boujee and like you’re a part of the cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, buy this.

Sherpa Blanket Sweatshirt 

When my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year (so she could tell Santa obviously), I kid you not, this was the one thing I could think of. If you’re like me, you love sweatshirts. Some may call it addiction, others may label it as an obsession, but I call it passion. So when I saw this sweatshirt that is also a blanket, I knew it was fate. This could also be a great gift to give for the holidays—because who wouldn’t want a giant sweatshirt blanket?! Side note/warning: this may or may not, but probably will, make you never want to leave your dorm room, apartment or house ever again.

Reversable Hooded Teddy Jacket 

This cozy jacket is a must-have. Putting this on after trekking back from class through the arctic weather of South Bend is the best feeling ever. Because it’s a bit expensive, a bunch of stores like T.J. Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Forever 21 and many more have cheaper, but similar options.

Fuzzy Sweatpants 

Ever wonder what it’s like to feel like a lamb? No? Me neither…but I’m pretty sure that if you did want to know, then buying these sweatpants would give you a good idea. They’re cute, affordable and will always be there to keep you warm, just like a lamb! (Are lambs affordable?)

Socks 

Remember when you were little and socks seemed like the worst present ever, and now for some reason they’re one of the best? Oh how the tables have turned! I think a good amount of my soul dies from excitement when I get fuzzy socks as a gift. They are without a doubt one of the best ways to stay warm this winter, as well as a fantastic gift, and you can find them almost anywhere!

I hope to see you all rocking these cozy essentials this winter! However, I probably won’t be because it is time for hibernation. Let me know when the weather gets above 60 degrees! See you in the spring!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Tuesday Ford

Notre Dame '21

My name is Tuesday Ford and I'm a Political Science major with a minor in Middle Eastern studies at Notre Dame. I'm from a small town outside of Boston, MA. I love traveling, hanging with friends/family, world politics, everything to do with Boston sports (Tom Brady is GOAT) and I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus ND!