You Clean Up Nice: Formal Dresses from Flourish Boutique

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Hello Upper East-Domers,

Now that it’s been a week since school has started, it’s about time we take a break to think about something quickly approaching.

Dorm formals. 

If you are a freshman, like myself, you probably have memories of past homecomings and proms and the like as well as mental images of poufy skirts, sparkly bodices, and (literally) killer heels.

Thankfully, with the diploma comes the farewell to the gaudy high school formal dress (“gaudy” isn’t meant to offend. I have many tucked into my closet at home, never to be touched again).

Every formal needs a good dress, and with a little help from fabulous local shop, Flourish Boutique, a few choice picks have been curated for this article, and hopefully one of these lovely frocks will catch your eye!

The Jade Set Life

Now that we’re inching into fall, nights can get a little chilly. Thankfully, this bright number has the sweetest lace sleeves to keep you warm and keep you looking adorable! This dress is super versatile, perfect not only for a formal but also for mass or even to pull on before running to class. Pair with a classic nude heel. 

Had Me At Hello Dress

Hey classy lady, can I have yo numba? This dress just screams class, and the flare skirt is flattering on all body types. Add a little sparkle with a fun statement necklace, or a some color with a bright cardigan. Pair with a nude heel or bright heel (no black). 

Peplum Perfection Dress 

Turn heads in this sophisticated mustard number, with a flirty peplum and a unique color to help you stand out in the crowd. My favorite part of this dress is that it’s perfect for a night of dancing but also a day in the office. Pair with a nude heel. 

Power of Pleats

Playful yet girly, this versatile number is so simple but can be dressed either up or down! The easy fit allows for comfort but the lace accents give it a refined edge. Pair with a nude heel or neutral flats. 

Just some Thursday night style inspiration for your next formal, and for more gorgeous options, check out http://flourishboutique.com!

xoxo,

Gossip Girl 

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

All images from http://flourishboutique.com

Susan is a freshman at the University of Notre Dame studying mechanical engineering. You can usually find her eating ice cream despite her lactose intolerance and occasionally catch her acting as though her pH is greater than 7. She is excited for her midlife crisis because that is when she will be able to join the FBI, her lifelong dream. You can find her floating around in the Twitter realm and see her attempting to be artsy on Instagram, both at @agentsuezhu.