jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Break-Up Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Breakups suck. There are no “ifs,” “ands,” or “buts” about it. However, music is a great outlet for you to channel your roller coaster of emotions. With the help of some of my trusted friends, I made a killer “Break-Up Playlist” to help you get over that psychopath you call an ex (Trust me, if you don’t think he’s a psychopath now, you will realize it later.).

Drip by Yung Joc (If you feel like beating your ex up)

I fully condemn the message that this song is trying to send, however, if you’re looking for a bad@$$ song that will make you feel bad@$$ as a result, Drip is the ultimate jam. WARNING: Explicit as a song can be.

Marvin’s Room (Can’t Do Better) by JoJo

One of my absolute favorite breakup songs because it’s almost all ladies in college can relate to. 

Problem by Ariana Grande (Remember to scream Iggy’s part reaaaaaal nice and loud)

Pretty much every part of this song should be sung out loud. It’s all about getting over that dumb@$$ you call an ex. You know there’s a better guy out there, and Iggy lays it down for you in one simple verse.

Let It Go by Idina Menzel (Great because it’s telling you to let go as well as a great sing-along)

Not only because Frozen rocks, but because it empowers you to truly let the relationship go. Plus, I feel pretty darn great after belting out “LET THE STORM RAGE ON.”

Countdown by Beyonce

Beyonce is pretty much the definition of empowerment, so listening to Countdown only should only make you feel stronger and happier. As Beyonce says, “If you leave me, you ought to go blind.”

Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

Nothings feels better than screaming “YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE YOU BLEW IT” to the idiot who left you.

(Also, A Day to Remember has an alternative version is great if you are feeling extra angsty.)

Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj

Makes you feel like a strong independent woman who don’t need no man. #Holla

Centuries by Fall Out Boy

Because you will remember me for centuries, my dear ex. MARK MY WORDS.

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift

Need I explain more? If you’re feeling down and out, T-Swift pretty much knows how to fix you right up. She knows every girly emotion possible, and “Shake it Off” perfectly exemplifies that. Cause if the haters gonna hate, Let them. Fakers gonna fake? Let them. But YOU my dear “shake it off.” I also love screaming “MY EX MAN BROUGHT HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND” at the top of my lungs.

For more break up tunes curtesy of HCND, check out this piece!

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images: 1