Tricia Miranda: Who She Is and Why She’s Straight Fire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Not many can say that they taught Beyoncé how to dance. Choreographer, artistic director, international instructor, Queen Bey’s coworker, general badass – these are just a few of the positions on Tricia Miranda’s resumé. This one woman has accomplished more artistically in her young life than many do in a century, and she’s not even close to being finished.

Miranda grew up in Arizona, where she began a life of dance at age four. In 2001, she decided to take a chance and move to Los Angeles to pursue her goals. The move proved to be worth it, as she ended up touring and dancing with oodles of A-list celebs like Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, and Tom Cruise, just to name a few. She ended up working with Clear Talent Group (CTG) and began a very successful career as a choreographer and dance instructor. Her clients range from Snoop dogg to Nick Cannon to Kendrick Lamar. In 2015 she got the chance to choreograph Missy Elliott’s Super Bowl halftime show, and her collaboration with Brian Friedman earned her a spot choreographing Todrick Hall’s dancers for this year’s VMAs. Though these accolades are impressive, she gained widespread acknowledgement for her work through different means.

The first video posted on Miranda’s YouTube channel was a dance routine to the song “Roll It” in 2007. It had about 20,000 views. In the eight years since that first video, Miranda has amassed over 74 million views on her channel. Recently she achieved fame with her videos shot by T.Milly Productions at the Millennium Dance Complex in North Hollywood. MDC is known as one of the premier dance studios in the world. Recently, a routine at MDC to Rihanna’s dynamic new single “Bitch Better Have My Money” has accumulated over 22 million views in just four months.

Showing off her versatility, Miranda has worked with dancers of all ages and skill levels. One of her youngest prodiges (at only 8 years old) is featured in a video crushing it to Major Lazer’s “Jet Blue Jet.” His raw talent combined with her visionary moves makes for a dance that is not only immensely impressive, but also flipping adorable. She works with men and women in a mainly hip hop setting, though she’s dabbled with the R&B and pop spectrum as well.

On top of her YouTube stardom and professional prowess, Miranda has built a bit of a social media empire. She has 17.7k Twitter followers, over 23k Facebook followers, and an impressive 108k followers on Instagram. Her usual posts include snippets of new choreography, selfies with fellow dance gods, and frequent portraits of her two precious rescue dogs, Hayden and Bella. She’s also an avid Friends watcher, so you know she has great taste.

Without a doubt, Tricia Miranda is a powerful woman with enormous talent. She’s a great example of someone not only pursuing their dreams, but relentlessly and passionately working for them each and every day. The dance scene should be thankful, because it doesn’t look like she’s going anywhere anytime soon.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Videos: 1

Madeline is a Junior Computer Science & Psychology dual-degree student from a farm in Iowa. When she's not studying in her Welsh Fam dorm room, she enjoys eating overpriced chips and salsa from the Huddle, practicing for a non-existent "American Idol" audition on her ukulele, and spending an embarrassing amount of time searching for a new Netflix series to commit to.