Spring Break Style Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As anyone who is sick of braving the cold and trudging through the snow to get to class probably knows, spring break is only a few short weeks away! If you’re jetting off to a sunny destination for your spring break and are looking for some cute summer clothing items to wear while you’re there, look no further! Here is a list of some adorable clothing essentials to bring with you on spring break.

Day at the Beach

Bathing Suit

A cute suit is a must-have for any spring break trip. Target and Aerie have a great selection of bathing suits at very affordable prices, and they offer a variety of styles, patterns, and colors to choose from. Bandeau bathing suits like this one are great for a day at the beach because they don’t leave tan lines if you’re going to be out in the sun all day (but don’t forget your sunscreen!). Check this one out here.

Cover-Up

A patterned cover-up is a great layering piece for a day at the beach, and can be easily thrown on over your bathing suit. Check out this cover-up from Nordstrom if you’re looking for more clothing options to wear to the beach.

Sunglasses

Every beach-goer needs a cute pair of sunglasses! These frames from Urban Oufitters are a unique shape and come in some great colors. The best part is that they’re not very expensive, so if you break or lose them (as I often do) they are easily replaceable! If these shades interest you, check them out here.

Sandals

Your beach outfit is not complete without a pair of sandals! These sandals from Sanuk are a fun alternative to your standard flip flops, and are unbelievably comfortable. They come in tons of colors, so you have the option to go with a standard black or grey pair or add a pop of color to your beach outfit! I have a pair of these, and they’re one of my favorite pairs of shoes! Try them out here.

Night on the Town

Romper

While a classic dress is always a good option for a night out, a romper is great to wear when you’re going out if you’re looking to mix it up a little! It’s just as free and breezy as a sundress, but has shorts on the bottom rather than a skirt. Tobi has a great selection of rompers if you want to add to your summer going out wardrobe! Check out the romper pictured above and many others here.

Wedges

This outfit would not be complete without a great pair of heels (or wedges!). These Toms wedges go well with almost anything, and are a perfect complement to your going out dress or romper. They would even look great with the romper pictured above! Check them out here.

Bon voyage! Enjoy your escape from the South Bend winter!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8