Nadezhda Tiy Braun: The Bow Tiy on the Perfect Present

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Nadezhda (Nadia) Tiy Braun is the girl you call crying at three in the morning when the world is crumbling apart and you do not know what to do.  Nadia’s also the girl that will get up on the table with you and dance the night away.

She’s kind and supportive and she’s definitely the girl to go to for a back, hand, or foot massage.  Her Russian language skills are absolutely incredible, and she will seduce you with her singing and dancing.  She’s more loyal than a dog, more trustworthy than a diary, and more entertaining than a Taylor Swift concert.  

If you had to describe yourself in three words, they would be…

Sweet, caring, and clumsy. 

Why clumsy?

I’m always injuring myself in really stupid ways, like falling down the stairs and spraining my ankle, or doing a cool trick on the trampoline and spraining the same ankle.  I think I’ve sprained my ankle like seven times now, so that’s fun.

Who/what is your type?

I don’t have a type.  Every time I think I have a type I find myself attracted to somebody who’s not my type at all.  They have to be smart and funny, other than that I really don’t know.

Describe your perfect date.

Going out for ice cream and then coming back to the dorm and watching a movie (to which I had to yell NETFLIX AND CHILL BAE).

So does that mean you’re looking for a boyfriend or a fun date?  Or just enjoying the single life for now?

All of the above?  Like, if it was the right person than yeah I would date them.  But I’m also having fun figuring out who I am.  Though, it would be nice if someone took me on a date cause that would be cool too. 

Where is your favorite place on campus?

Probably the lakes, or that spot walking across God Quad, where you just look back and see the Dome.  I pass that spot like everyday, and even if it’s only for two seconds, it’s enough to remind me why I’m here.  The lake is where I go to release everything. 

What’s your favorite song?

Either Together or Good Times by Ella Eyre.

What’s your favorite Notre Dame memory?

Probably like sitting in the Fish Bowl with my best friends.  We should be getting work done but we are actually laughing and adding quotes to our quote wall and having so much fun.

What’s your favorite quote from this quote wall of yours?

“I didn’t think it was possible to seventh wheel, but it is.”

Who IS Nadia Braun?

I’m still figuring that out.  I guess I’m outgoing and I can be driven (sometimes).  I care too much, too deep, and too easily. 

What are you passionate about?

Everything.  It’s very easy for me to become passionate about something.  If I set my mind to it, I’m passionate about it.  I’m passionate about Notre Dame, theater, Russia, my family and my friends. 

Describe your swag.

I don’t know how to answer that question.  Basic, but not really.  I don’t know.  My swegu?

What’s your go to Starbucks order?

A green tea Frappuccino.  Or a caramel apple spice.  Or a caramel macchiato.  Depends on whether I need the caffeine or not.

What is something that somebody will know about you when they truly get close to you?

I’m super competitive, which is super counterintuitive since I care a lot about other people.  But I’m just really really competitive. 

Any hidden talents?

I used to be able to dance, and I used to be really flexible, but I don’t know anymore.  I can bake probably anything.  Over the summer I made a lot of brioche and muffins, I made a raspberry tart, and clafoutis. 

If you could give one piece of advice to any high school girl, what would you tell her?

You can do anything you want, just work hard and don’t give up, because it’s all possible. 

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images: Provided by the interviewee