Meet the Ambassador: Patrick Toole

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Patrick Toole, junior from Vincennes, Indiana. Formerly of Dillon Hall, Patrick Toole now lives off-campus in an apartment dubbed “The Nest”. While the creation of that name is not within the scope of this article, I did get the chance to Patrick about his new position on all things pop culture, Notre Dame, and his new role as the campus ambassador for Barstool Sports.  

#BasicInfo

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing

Dorm: Formerly Dillon, now off-campus

Hometown: Vincennes, IN

Activities: Dillon football, Hesburgh’s Heroes, Barstool Sports ND ambassador

Relationship Status: “Currently suffering from a drought”

(Doesn’t look like a drought to me) 

#Favorites

Favorite movie? Space Jam

Favorite form of social media? I really like Twitter.  I think there are a lot of fun, social interactions you can’t get on other forms of social media.

Favorite throwback song? “Bump N’ Grind” by R. Kelly

Favorite Kardashian? Probably Robert Kardashian Senior because he didn’t make a fool of himself.

Favorite breakfast food? Let’s go with bacon.

Favorite Notre Dame memory? Watching the goal line stand against Stanford in 2012. 

#HotorNot

Selfies? Definitely hot right now.

Dining hall dates? Totally hot. That’s the thing to do. If you want your girl to be impressed, you take her to South Dining Hall and treat her to a hell of a feast.

Hip Hop Night? Hot because DJ VVASP has played there a couple times and he’s done really well. If you haven’t been you should definitely go check him out. 

South Bend weather? Not hot.

No Shave November? Considering I can’t really grow a beard…I’m going to go with not hot.

Netflix & Chill? I’ve never done it, but I think they are hot right now for sure. Instead of Netflix and chill I could see an Apple TV and chill.

Barstool Sports ND? Really hot. You can go there for all your hilarious comments about the opponents of ND football as well as anything relative to the social aspect at ND.

Can you tell me more about Barstool Sports and your involvement with it?  So Barstool Sports is one of the fastest growing sports blogs in America. It’s a site with great hilarious stuff about sports, funny things that go on…its kind of like reddit. It’s more fun though. A lot of stuff on there about college happenings. Hilarious incidents. I heard about it and wanted to be a part of it, so I applied for the job and the made me the Notre Dame ambassador. Basically I just post and tweet funny stuff relevant to Notre Dame. They also encourage us to post “Smoke Shows,” which is easy here at Notre Dame because there are a lot of good-looking girls. 

(Patrick and a good-looking girl)

#GoIrish

Why did you choose Notre Dame? I’ve been coming here since I was a baby for football games. It’s just always felt like a second home. I’m really comfortable here.

If you had to sum up ND in three words…? Classy not trashy.

Best dining hall food? Since I’ve moved off-campus I definitely miss Carl’s chicken the most.

What is on your ND bucket list?  To do the Hesburgh Challenge. Again. 

#LastbutNotLeast

Best class you’ve taken here? Right now I’m in Sports Marketing and that’s probably my favorite. All we do is talk about sports. That’s really fun.

What advice would you give to freshmen? You’ll never remember the nights you got a great night of sleep.

Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years? In 10 years I hope to be in Chicago working for either a sports agency or a law firm.

A wife? A dog? Any kids? I don’t have a wife, dog, or kids. I’m going to have a nice flat screen TV and a great sound system

(flat screen TV example in background)

Thanks for the interview Patrick and good luck with the flat screen TV!

XOXO,

HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 3-5 (Facebook), 2

Amanda is a junior in Lewis Hall. Marketing major working on a minor in Computing and Digital Technologies. Trying to live everyday with the same excitement as when she sees her food coming at a restaurant. Loves Girls on HBO, Taylor Swift (&her insane friend group), and Mexican food. Strong believer that roommates who nap together stay together.