Let’s be honest, we all like to look for shortcuts and easier ways to complete everyday tasks. In this day and age, time is of the essence and everything we do it dictated by whether or not we have time for it. Having a few handy shortcuts will make life a little bit breezier. Maybe it will even save you enough time to take a nap after classes before you have to start the giant mountain of homework that you have piling up in your backpack. Okay probably not, but I say take a nap anyways!
1. Break new shoes in by putting on a thick pair of socks and using a hot hair dryer to expand the shoes. Make sure to keep your socks on while the shoes cool. This process can be repeated as many times as necessary to stretch out tight shoes. I’ve found that it doesn’t always minimize blisters but it does help make my toes feel less squished.
2. Use clear nail polish to stop a run in your tights from spreading. I don’t know about you guys, but I think I go through tights like water. It seems like I’m always poking holes in them. When I’m in a pinch and don’t want the rip to get bigger, I dab on some clear nail polish. I wouldn’t say it’s a permanent fix, but it definitely works when I’m in a hurry or don’t have another pair of tights to change into.
3. Keep a pair of nylons on hand to remove those pesky deodorant stains. My mom learned this awhile ago and it has been a saving grace. I’ve also heard that dryer sheets do the trick just as well. Forget dousing your shirt in water, just rub one of these on the stain and voila! No more rushing to class with sopping wet clothing.
4. Paint the insides of rings with clear nail polish in order to prevent your fingers from turning green. The clear nail polish acts as a sealant and doesn’t allow the top coat of the ring to wear off. This is when the copper is exposed and oxidizes on your fingers. Goodbye green fingers!
5. When you feel like your mascara is starting to feel dry add a few drops of contact solution. Shake it up a little and your mascara will be as good as new. Also, don’t continuously pump the mascara wand in and out of the tube. This allows air to enter the bottle and it will dry your mascara out sooner.
There are so many tricks and tips to save time and save your wardrobe. I love to search for these handy tips whenever I have some downtime. Pinterest is the best place to look when trying to find nifty things. It’s amazing what you can find and how many ordinary objects can be useful for other jobs. You can fix almost anything with products you have lying around your dorm room!