Jarrod Buchanon ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Track Star Jarrod Buchanon ’14

J-Rod plays like a continous champion, doesn’t understand the point of running at night (who does?), and is so cute you’ll scream. 

Name: Jarrod Buchanon

Nickname(s): Jay, Ralph, J-Rod, Buck, Fluff-head, and Dugga.

Year: Junior

Dorm: Siegfried

Hometown: South Bend, IN

Major: Sociology/Pre-med

Interests: Listening to music, shoes, dancing, and telling jokes.

Sport: I’m a hurdler on the track team at ND.

Relationship status: Taken! (damn)

Describe yourself in three words: driven, compassionate, and sincere.

How you feel about being nominated for Campus Cutie: I feel honored, and surprised a little bit… actually not even a little bit more like a lot lol.

Describe your personal style: I would say I attempt to be as modern/European as possible, but I can’t do the skinny thing. I like to go modern from the waist up, and throw in a little snapback every now and then.

If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be: My twin, Kevin Hart. He’s hilarious!

If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why: Ironman because he’s smart. He basically saves his own life and he makes himself a superhero.

Favorite ND tradition: I would say the “play like a champion” motto. I like that it can be changed and applied to every sport or activity.

Your ideal date: I would pick her up, take her out to eat at a nice restaurant that she’s never been to. Not like your typical dinner and a movie. Then I would take her to a Hackers/Dave & Busters type of spot.

Favorite TV Show: Teen Wolf and Family Guy are my two favorites.

Best physical feature: People say I have a nice physique, so let’s go with that.

What makes you cry: Inequalities in life. Physical and mental inequalities, being handicapped. It’s kind of like the “why” complex. Like why did God pick certain people to go through that type of stuff.

Place you want to visit: I would probably say Italy. I feel like out of all the places in Europe that I’ve seen pictures of; Italy seems to be the most attractive. I love the classic music and close knit, traditional towns.

Where do you see yourself in ten years: Hopefully finishing up med school. There’s a program at Georgetown that I’m interested in applying to. It works as a Segway to help you get into their med school. Graduating from Georgetown Med would be really nice.

Celebrity crush: Scarlett Johansson

Something that people are surprised to know about you: I can do backflips, and I can semi breakdance.

Pet peeve: When people go running at night. It’s just stupid. If you’re running at night, you clearly missed your chance to go during the day and you need to wait until tomorrow!

Favorite spot at ND: My room for lounging, COMO when I have to work, and LaFun for something to eat.

AnnaLee Rice

Notre Dame

AnnaLee Rice is a senior at the University of Notre Dame with a double major in Economics and Political Science and a minor in PPE. In addition to being the HCND Campus Correspondent, she is editor-in-chief of the undergraduate philosophy research journal, a research assistant for the Varieties of Democracy project, and a campus tour guide.  She believes in democracy and Essie nailpolish but distrusts pumpkin spice lattes because they are gross.