Five Outfits Every College Girl Needs In Her Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Congratulations on finishing the second week of classes!

Now that the semester has officially begun, it’s the perfect time to go through your closet and make sure that you’re prepared for any occasion college may throw at you. I’ve put together a list of outfits and wardrobe staples for collegiettes, so whether you are headed to an interview or an all night study session, I’ve got you covered!

A Killer Interview Outfit

Of course, every girl needs the perfect outfit to land her dream job. Even though this look has to be professional and classy, there is still freedom to show your personality through color and accessories. This Lauren by Ralph Lauren dress is modest and classy while still being very stylish and flattering.

A well-cut blazer can elevate whatever blouse or dress you put on, and it can be worn beyond an interview setting such as for a presentation or to dress up a casual look.

An LBD

At Notre Dame, there will be SYRs and formals galore! A go-to dress is an essential piece for any last minute dances and events, and an LBD will carry you through almost any occasion. You can dress one up with heels and jewelry for a formal or use it as a base for an SYR costume. LBDs come in every style imaginable, so you’re sure to find one that you love!

A Casual, Put Together Look

We’ve all had one of those mornings when your class starts in five minutes, you haven’t even left your dorm yet, and you have no idea what to wear.  When this happens, I like to have a staple outfit that I know always looks good that I can just throw on and not have to worry. A striped t-shirt and dark jeans always looks chic, and you can sub the converse for sandals and leave the jacket at home for these sweltering first weeks. The outfit is completed with some dainty gold accessories.

Nice Sweats

Just because you want a relaxing day of studying in the dorm (or Netflix), doesn’t mean you can’t still look well dressed. These sweatpants from J Crew are the comfiest pants I’ve ever owned, and there is no shortage of sweet or sassy crewneck sweatshirts to ensure you are both cute and cozy.

An Edgy or Trendy Piece

I am not known for wearing a lot of color. I tend to gravitate towards basic items in neutral colors that can be mixed and matched endlessly. However, that’s not always the most exciting wardrobe to have. To compensate, I like to pick up a more exciting piece or two when the seasons change, so I have something that can spice up my basics. This season, I’m planning on incorporating flared jeans (hello, 70s!), and these Free People lace up flats that will instantly elevate any outfit.

Happy Styling Collegiettes!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Emily Rodriguez is a sophomore English major and Business Economics minor at Notre Dame. She joined Her Campus during fall 2014 and loves to write about style, television, and movies. When not in class, she can be found singing with Halftime, contemplating going to the gym and ultimately not going, and thinking too much about Parks and Recreation.