The First Home Football Game As Told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

You are awakened at 8am by the band walking past your dorm playing the greatest of all University fight songs, the “Notre Dame Victory March.”You hop out of bed like a kid and Christmas and get ready for the most exciting day of the year!You and your roommates get decked out in all things Notre Dame while playing the “Notre Dame Fight Song” and “Shipping Up to Boston” on repeat.You make sure all of your friends are awake before heading to the parking lot to tailgate.You try to hide your excitement at your roomie’s tailgate when you see all of the homemade food that you will consume over the next three hours.You lose phone service/your phone battery dies and you subsequently can’t find any of your friends.Hours later, you run into your friends again and rejoice!It is finally game time. You wait in line for what seems like hours just to get your ticket checked and your patience gets a little testy…But you finally make it inside the stadium! You cheer along with your fellow Fighting Irish and attempt the Irish Jig without falling off the bleachers.You feel #blessed at halftime when you can finally sit down.Your arms get tired from lifting someone in the air 40 times after a touchdown, but it is totally worth it.You tear up while singing the Alma Mater after the game.And spend the rest of the night celebrating a Fighting Irish victory!

Go Irish! Beat the Wolfpack!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

S. Riker

Notre Dame

.