This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With another New York Fashion Week behind us and changing weather ahead of us, it’s time to talk about Fall fashion trends. It might be time for a little retail therapy!

High-Waisted is Still Hip

The high-waisted trend has been around for a few years now, but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. This trend has continued to evolve from skirts, to shorts, and now this season’s big thing: high-waisted pants. The high cut, cinched waist, and straight leg is super flattering and appropriate for both day and night

Bootie Takeover

Say goodbye to your knee-high riding boots and hello to your ankle-high booties. Short boots are all the rage on the runways, on celebrities, and on campus. 

You Can Wear Your Blanket to Class

The scarf trend just keeps getting bigger (literally) and these new popular oversized scarves have been dubbed “blanket scarves.” Next time you need to crawl out of bed in the morning, you can bring your blanket with you.

Don’t Have a Boyfriend? You Can Still Wear His Jeans

Skinny jeans aren’t the only popular jeans this fall. Take a more relaxed approach with these trendy, loose-fitting, ripped, “boyfriend jeans.”

Totally Tubular Tights

Tights keep us covered up and warm, but they can be FUN and functional. Step out of the box this fall with patterned tights instead of your typical black ones.

Happy shopping!

XOXO,

HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Grace Parker

Notre Dame

Hey, my name is Grace and I'm an incoming freshman at Notre Dame with an intent to study marketing, design, and journalism. I'm from Wayne, Pa (a suburb of Philadelphia), but I love traveling and am so excited for my next destination: South Bend, Indiana. I spend most of my time hanging out with my friends, reading, playing field hockey, online-shopping, and binge-watching Netflix documentaries. I love to write and am so happy to join the HCND family!