Diving in with Peter Myers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

You may know how to swim, but you might not know much about the members Notre Dame Men’s Swimming and Diving Team. I interviewed Diver Peter Myers to put a face to this successful team!

Getting to know Peter:

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Major: Business, Undecided

Dorm: Knott Hall

Favorite Singer: Myself in the Shower

Favorite TV Show: House of Cards

Celebrity Crush: Miranda Kerr

Diving In

How long have you been diving?

Since I was 13

How did you get started?

I was a gymnast when I was really little but I eventually got too tall for it. When I stopped gymnastics I got really fat and hated that so I began swimming at a rec center. I eventually switched to a diving club and now here I am.

What are your events?

1m, 3m, and platform diving.

What’s your routine like the day of a meet?

Eat lots of food and stay distracted and light hearted. If I get too hell-bent on results, I usually make dumb mistakes.

Athlete Perks

What’s your favorite thing about being on the team?

All my brothers have my back all the time.

What’s the coolest place you’ve gotten to travel to with the team?

Puerto Rico for training trip last winter.

What’s your favorite piece of issue gear?

We all get one of each from the beats lineup. Just kidding, I have a pretty sweet jacket. 

For us non-athletes, describe training tables.

Occasionally it is not the greatest, to be honest the chicken can be similar to the one in the normal dining hall. But I’ll admit, sometimes they have real mashed potatoes and some amazing skirt or flank steak. Those days are the best.

Summing Up

What’s your favorite thing about Knott?

My roommate John

Favorite pregame song: $ave dat Money

Favorite skittle color: Green

Fun fact: My dad ran a sub four mile in college

Political Party: They are all pretty useless

Spirit Animal: Military Bulldog

What do you want to do after graduation?

I want to experiment a little with venture capitalism

That’s all we have for Diver Peter Myers! Make sure you stop by the next home Men’s Swimming and Diving Meet, January 16th at Rolf’s Aquatic Center.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: provided by interviewee.

Caitie McAuliffe is a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame and is majoring in the Program of Liberal Studies and Economics. She is from Durham, Connecticut and lives in PW while at Notre Dame.