Campus Cutie: Christian Vavuris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

He’s a risk taker and a heart breaker, and he’s often cheesier than Chester Cheetah. He’s the one, the only, Christian Vavuris. 

Quick Facts

Name: Chris Vavuris

Year and Dorm: Junior from Stanford Hall (Cinderblock Palace of Love)

Hometown: Novato, California

Major:  Finance

Relationship Status: Way too single

Describe yourself in 3 words:  Perspicacious, Ruminative, Happy

Signature Drink: White Russian

If you were a song, what song would you be and why? “Everything” by Michael Buble, because man o’ man does that guy have sweet pipes.

If you could go back to anytime in history, what would it be and why? The 80’s.  I would have destroyed the 80’s.

Let’s say you believe in reincarnation, as all good Catholic boys do. Who do you think you were in your past life (lives)? Three lives ago: a tree which offered very cool shade on very hot days. Two lives ago: Laika, the Soviet space dog. Even though im not a big Communism guy, I would still get to be the first animal in space. And that’s sweet. Previous Life: A roadie for The Outfield. ‘Cause like I said, I would have killed the 80’s.

What the Ladies Need to Know

Biggest dating/relationship pet peeve: Being on your phone too much. I want people to be in the moment.

What do you look for in a girl? Ambition, charisma, positive outlook

What is your biggest deal breaker in a girl? Snaggletooth.

What is your ideal date? Spur of the moment and casual.

What is one thing you’d like girls to know about you? I am definitely a child inside. (Author’s note: This is true.)

If you had to give a piece of advice to your future daughter, what would it be and why? I’d tell her to join a convent. 

In the future, what would you say to someone who is trying to date you daughter? You better watch the f**k out a**hole, because I’m coming for you. 

What do you think is a smooth pick-up line? Hi I’m Chris, how’s it going?

Boxers or briefs? Boxers. I had a bad experience with briefs in 3rd grade. It’s painful to think of to this day. 

Time at Notre Dame

If you could go back to freshman year and tell yourself one thing you know now, what would it be? Lay off the alcohol, join more clubs.

What is one thing you’d change about Notre Dame? Its location, it would be better if there were things to do off campus. Also the weather, of course–it’s too warm here.  

What is your favorite Notre Dame memory thus far? Study abroad, hands down. There is nothing that even comes close. 

What’s one item on your Notre Dame Bucket List? National championship (Fingers crossed).

Plans for the Future

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Next on the world travel list is either China or Europe. China because it is like the Wild West over there, and Europe to get some culture.

Where do you see yourself in 25 years? Having a famiy and owning my own company. Besides that, I’m open to suggestions. 

Closing Remarks? Watch out for Ryan Baer ladies, he will eat you up and spit you out. 

Thanks, Christian!

XO, HCND

Brooke Kovanda is a senior at the University of Notre Dame and from Lockport, IL.  She is majoring in business marketing with a journalism minor.  When not blasting everything from Van Halen to Beyonce from her room, Brooke is probably planning an event for the campus radio station, narrating promotions at ND hockey games, or talking someone's ear off.  She faces an internal struggle between getting McDonalds or going for a run.  Her passions are journalism, media, and traveling; her dream is to work in public relations or advertising.