Big Man on Campus: Bonzie Colson ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Everyone on this campus followed the success of the men’s basketball team as they took us farther in the March Madness tournament than we’ve been since 1979. Bonzie Colson is one of, if not the only, freshmen on the team to get regular playing time, an honor that speaks for itself. Known by many to always be energetic and ready to have a good time, he can often be seen on campus singing on his way into the dining hall and being generally upbeat. If you haven’t witnessed this, check out Michiana’s hottest night club on Thursday nights, where you can be sure to see him tearing up the dance floor!

Major: Film and Television 

Year: Freshman 

Hometown: New Bedford, MA

Dorm: Siegfried 

Relationship status: Single 

Campus Activities (other than basketball): Playing Madden and 2K

Biggest pet peeve: When people walk in front of me while I’m walking. When people split poles.

N64 or XBox? Xbox 

What character do you play as in Smash? Mario

Team light skin or nah? Team light skin 

What’s the number one quality you look for in a girl? Eyes 

Describe Feve in one word: Sweaty! 

What is your most frequently used hashtag? #NDMG #WCTTH

Which is your favorite: SnapChat, Instagram, or Twitter? I love them all equally. 

How’s South Bend’s Tinder game? Definitely something to partake in. Worked out for me a couple times. 

How have your teammates shaped your college experience and helped you grow as a person and a player? They have been guiding me through the ups and downs on and off the court. They know how to have fun but they also know how to buckle down and focus when needed. 

What is it like getting to hang with Zach Auguste every day (asking for a friend)? That is my big brother. Love him to death. 

Do you sing in the shower? Of course!! 

Clarify something for me: is it you or Matt Farrell who was voted the funniest guy on the team? He claims it was him. 100% me 

If you were a cereal, which would you be and why? Cinnamon toast crunch. It’s kind of my skin color now and they are my favorite cereal.

What song best describes you? Made Me by Chris Brown and Trey Songs.

Describe your emotions during the March Madness tournament, particularly the Elite Eight game: Excited to go out there and play in the Elite Eight and make history in our program. The fans were going crazy, just was hurt by how it ended.

What does NDMBB mean to you? I think Notre Dame Men’s Basketball lol. (Bonzie took a literal approach on this one)

How do you feel about the song Trap Queen? One of my favorite songs lol. Listen to it almost everyday. 

In your opinion, which women’s sports team at ND has the cutest girls? Soccer 

Would you agree that Farley is home to the finest girls on campus? That is the word around campus. You guys and PW.

Smicks or ND chicks? ND chicks. They are more convenient. 

Brains or beauty? Beauty!

Do you think Keenan Centlivre would be a good wingman? Lol yes I have experienced him being a wingman before.

What are your hopes for next season? To win another ACC championship 

If you could have one do-over in life, what would it be? One time I shaved my facial hair. One of the dumbest things I could ever do.

Why do you think someone as beautiful and successful as Beyoncé married Jay-Z? Beyoncé is my love, my baby, and my everything. It hurts me to see them together!!

Be honest: was the mullet a better look for Connaughton or Vasturia? Connaughton

Would you rather be rich or famous when you grow up? Rich!!

Do you view yourself as a role model for kids younger than you? Yes I do

Rate your appreciation for South Bend on the 1-10 scale: 10

How much are you looking forward to the publishing of this article? I couldn’t be happier!! 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (provided by author)