The Best of Notre Dame Christmas 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Christmas is a great time for hot chocolate, sledding, building snowmen, and UGLY SWEATERS! This morning I woke up to a Facebook newsfeed filled with Christmas sweaters, reindeer antlers, and lots of red lipstick. Here is a collection of some of the cutest, ugliest, brightest, and everything in-between Christmas looks at Notre Dame this past weekend.

The Christmas Card with a Twist

These lovely ladies of Cavanaugh Hall had a Christmas Card photoshoot in their ugly Christmas sweaters. Props to them for including two of the most iconic places on campus: the Golden Dome and the dumpster outside of LaFun – both fan favorites!

The REIGNdeer

These Walsh Women channeled their inner wild side and reigned supreme in this reindeer look. Donner and Blitzen have never looked better!

Singing in the Snow

Not only does Halftime A Cappella sing, but they can dress too! Their performance and cozy winter sweaters at Howard Halliday lifted spirits and left the crowd pleased with their rendition of the classic “Baby It’s Cold Outside”. Check out details about their winter concert here!

White, Wonderful, Winter Wonderland

This tiny triple-turned-Winter-Wonderland wins the award for “Most Creative Form of Procrastination”. The members of this triple spent hours cutting out intricate snowflakes while putting off papers, tests, and homework. However, the Christmas apparel is even better than the decorations in this picture! Grandmas everywhere are jealous of these sweaters. The turtleneck and jacket combination on the far right is also stellar.

Turtleneck Trio

I am starting to see a trend of Christmas-themed turtlenecks and I absolutely love it. As you can see from this adorable picture, you can’t look bad in a turtleneck covered in holly! I have a feeling turtlenecks are going to start taking over the ugly sweater fad. You heard it here first!

The Best Time to Wear a Striped Sweater…

Is during Christmastime! This collection of ugly sweaters gets better and better every time I look at it. The penguin and elf matching sets are adorable, but the light-up tree in the middle is really the icing on top. Christmas well done, girls!

Santa’s Helpers

These sassy Santa’s Helpers stole the Christmas show this year. It is hard to pick my favorite part of this picture: is it the shiny pink pants, red crowns, very short tunics, or all of the above? No matter what the answer is, it’s safe to say that these guys dressed to impress.

Thanks to everyone who sent in pictures! Your Christmas apparel will truly inspire others to go all-out this holiday season.

XOXO,

HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

All images provided by fellow Notre Dame students.

S. Riker

Notre Dame

.