The Best Blogs to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Lately it seems like the new thing to do is blog. Blogs are popping up everywhere and I will admit that I have tackled the trend and launched my own! Some bloggers seem to really know what’s going on and how to attract viewers. The variety is great as some have new posts everyday and others post once a week. I definitely have my list of favorites and I am so excited to share them with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and who knows, maybe it will inspire you to launch your own blog.

The first blog that I check religiously is The College Prepster. Author Carly A. Heitlinger writes about living in New York City and her life working as a recent college grad. The graduate of Georgetown always has really interesting posts which include a range of everything from fashion to life advice. My favorite posts are the ones she does on Fridays about things that are on her radar. Carly has a new post everyday and you can also keep up with her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Additionally, she responds to all of the emails that her readers send her.

Carly is currently working on a campaign with UGG Australia!

The next blog that I follow, I actually discovered through The College Prepster. The blog is called ilo inspired and is written Maxie McCoy. Maxie occasionally writes posts for Carly and the first one I read made me want to find out more about the guest writer. Maxie has the best advice about everything! She doesn’t post as often as Carly, but when she does, prepare to be intrigued. She brings up issues that you may have never noticed before and has a unique insight about everything she posts. Maxie is also quite the traveler, so I’m always looking forward to her next trip and the posts that follow it.

Here she is in India

If you haven’t checked out Classy Girls Wear Pearls, you should do it, like right now. Sarah Vickers runs this photo blog. She posts beautiful pictures of the outfits that she puts together. I mean it definitely helps that she is engaged to clothing designer, Kiel James Patrick. They are absolutely adorable and both have a passion for fashion. Their New England style is very admirable. I am definitely envious of Sarah’s closet.

Dat hat doe

The final blog is new addition to my daily blog reading routine. It’s beauty-based and a little different than the blogs I usually read. It is called Maskcara and written by a girl named Cara. Pretty clever, huh? She is a make-up artist who tries to find the beauty in everything. Additionally, she thinks that most people don’t know what makes them beautiful and it is her mission to highlight this. I will definitely be trying some of her tips and tricks.

I’d certainly take beauty advice from her!

Even if these blogs aren’t your cup of tea, check them out to see all of the different blog possibilities. You never know when you’ll find something that inspires you.

Follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook

Photos 1, 2, 3, 4

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.