This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

There may still be snow on the ground in South Bend, but technically it is still Spring. With the change in season comes a change in season. You’re breaking out your white Converse again and online shopping for a cute new cotton dress to go with your jean jacket.

Spring isn’t just a time to change up your wardrobe. It’s also a time to switch up your beauty routine! Our favorite spring accessory this year? Cute, clean and simple nails with subtle nuiances. Put away the blacks and dark purples of winter and follow the lead of these Spring New York Fashion Week nail trends.

1. Vertical Lines

Add a subtle pop to plain nails by adding thin, metallic vertical stripes to them. The look will give your nails just a little added sparkle.

2. Matte 

Matte nail polish was all over the runway this spring. Try out a simple pink matte polish for a textural twist on basic nails.

3. More Matte!

Or make your matte a brighter color to stand out in more ways than one! We love this coral matte nail from NYFW 2016.

4. Double Tips

Add some spice to your French Manicure with bi-colored tips. White plus a springy blue, lavender or green makes your classic nail a little more playful for days out in the sun.

5. Rose Gold

The color we cannot get enough of this spring? ROSE GOLD. It is classy, simple and shimmery–perfect for giving your nails just a little added sparkle. This color goes great with white outfits and gold and brown make up.

6. Pastel Ombre

If you want something really fun on your fingers this spring, try a Tri-colored ombre effect on your nails with pastels!

7. Tracing the Edges

A new trend in nails this year is tracing the cuticle line with an accent color. Whether you want to use a dark shade, bright color or metallic, this is a fun way to mix up the traditional nail style.

Time for you to go visit the Essie and OPI counters! Happy Spring Styling.

XOXO, HCND

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Kelly is a student at the University of Notre Dame studying marketing and journalism, originally hailing from the great city of Holland, Michigan. Kelly's academic and political interests focus in one gender inequality and wage inequality. Her future career interests, whether writing or marketing, are focused in the fashion and beauty industries. Kelly has worked with companies such as philosophy, which promote using the beauty industry as a means of empowerment, which she believes to be a very important lesson. For fun, Kelly finds her peace on the yoga mat and running the beach or the woods. She loves the outdoors and traveling, having already been to 8 countries. Along with writing, she lovs to sing, a performer on stage and most definitely in the shower. Kelly also is actively involved in event planning, another passion of hers. And above all she loves ice cream, pizza, her friends, and her two dogs.