5 Things To Do in Your 20s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

You’re in your 20s, this decade is the time in your life where you are the most free you’ll ever be. Free to make your own choices, do what you want, to find out who you are, and to do what’s best for you. So, make the most of it and learn that sometimes life requires revaluation. Here are five things that I recommend doing in your 20s:

Learn About Yourself

College is all about discovering who you really are. While you may already feel like you know yourself as a person and what you stand for, etc., there is always something new to learn. Confront the faults in yourself that you don’t like and, instead, of regretting and agonizing just work towards being a better you. But, make sure you’re being a better you for yourself and not someone else. Don’t change, just strive to become fully you and cast away the bad habits holding you back. Every experience can become a lesson, if you just open your eyes.

Make Yourself Your Priority

That being said, make sure to make yourself your priority. It may be hard at times to just focus on yourself, but it’s important. This one may get away from you at times, but if you’re not feeling like yourself, make sure to take some time for yourself. And always make certain that you’re prioritizing making  your own life happy and doing things in order to achieve that goal everyday.

Go Somewhere and Do Something You Always Talked About Doing…

Go on a trip with your best friend, prefereably Europe. Not for study abroad or for research, but just to do it. Espeically if it’s something you’ve always talked about doing but thought you had to wait for, don’t wait. I hear summer in Spain is quite lovely… that’s where my best friend and I are headed to start anyway.

Be Honest & Listen to Yourself

If you’re a person who goes off of your intuition (also known as vibes), then trust it. You’ll never be happy, until you do. If things don’t turn out to be the fairytale you thought they were, that doesn’t mean your intuition was wrong, but you have to evaluate what’s right in front of you now and accept it – even if it’s less than ideal. Also, if you get bad vibes about something, there’s a reason. Listen to yourself. 

Stop Thinking…

Okay, so don’t stop thinking completely.  Stop regretting. Stop worrying. Stop overanalyzing. Stop reliving. Stop trying to live in another moment than the one you are in. Just go out and live the life that’s in front of you now. Appreciate the people by your side and remember those who are always there no matter what. Have fun taking on the world.

Most importantly, remember this words “It is easier to exemplify values than to teach them” – Father Ted Hesburgh

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

From the Beach to the Bend! I am a Junior Political Science major at the University of Notre Dame originally from Laguna Beach, CA (...yes, like the show). I am minoring in Constitutional Studies and Energy Studies, both of which are much more exciting than they sound I promise! In typical California style, I am obsessed with fish tacos and all things eco-chic! And I am constantly dancing or choreographing in my head!