This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

For the class of 2015, graduation is far closer than any of you want to acknowledge. Regardless of whether or not you’ve scored an amazing job next year in Chicago or whether or not you’ve heard back from your med school applications, your final semester at Notre Dame is magical. It’s full of lasts and firsts and onlys. But mostly, it’s full of stories. Some you will tell again and again, and some you’ll deny ever happened.

While the following list is meant for seniors, the items on the list are things that all Notre Dame students should do! They don’t all have to be memorable or come with great stories, but they are part of your rite of passage. Enjoy the time you have left. And best of luck to all of you.

In no particular order:

1. The Hesburgh Challenge:

Because consuming ridiculous quantities of alcohol in Club Hes is something you have earned after all those late nights and too early mornings.

2. Study Abroad Reunion:

If you spent time studying or volunteering or interning abroad, make an effort to see your group one last time; you all need another opportunity to talk about how amazing London was.

3. Be a Tourist:

Walk around campus and take a million pictures while Notre Dame is still fully yours, each year it changes so make sure to document your Notre Dame.

4. Climb Stepan:

One of these years they really are going to tear it down, so climb it while you still can.

5. The Keenan Revue:

Regardless of whether or not the show is off color, insulting, or hilarious, you should go to the Keenan Revue at least once to laugh at yourself and your classmates. Need more convincing? Shirtless men, ‘90s jams, and whipped cream.

6. One Last Meal in the Dining Hall:

It doesn’t matter when this happens or how good it is (the more lackluster the better), but eat there one last time. You can do it graduation weekend and it’s not busy!

7. Final Grotto Visit:

There is an official last visit to the Grotto as a class, but don’t be afraid to go alone. I decided to just go with my boyfriend for a more private goodbye the day after graduation. That was when it really hit me that I had graduated.

8.  Late Night LaFun Run:

If you live off campus, this one may take a little extra effort, but go get yourself some Taco Hut or a Quarter Dog.

8.5. Quarter Dogs:

You have to have at least one, it doesn’t matter how awful it is. It’s a quarter.

9. Drink Alcohol Your Tuition Dollars Paid For:

There are a bunch of different events that Notre Dame hosts for networking or whatnot. Find one that is serving free alcohol and enjoy the fact that you’ve already paid for it. (Note: Feve dresses with blazers still aren’t classy).

10. Walk or Run Around the Lakes:

You can do this alone, during the day, at night, sobbing, laughing, with friends, with your boyfriend, carrying duck food…it doesn’t matter. Just do it!

11. Make it to Feve, Finny’s, The Backer, O’Rourke’s, Corby’s, CJ’s, and Brother’s:

I don’t care if you don’t like drinking or large crowds or those people in your class, you need to experience all of these bars at least once.

12. Go to a Non-Student Restaurant:

You and your friends probably have a list of five places you all love to go – try at least one townie place before you leave. South Bend has some really good food!

13. Avoid/Receive a Ring By Spring:

Whatever your goal was for your time at Notre Dame, achieve it, whether it was a sparkly diamond ring or an unencumbered left hand.

14. Appreciate Your Time at Notre Dame:

Some of you will manage this everyday, some of you will do this most of the time except when you’re still up writing that paper at 4 a.m., and some of you will need to set aside a time to really appreciate all you have. Be mindful and appreciative of all the people who helped you get here and helped you finish.

15. Attend a Mass:

If you’re not a church-goer or aren’t Catholic, I still recommend picking at least one mass to go to before you graduate. Commencement Mass is really awesome and I highly recommend it!

16.  Visit your Dorm:

This only really applies if you’re off campus, but at some point stop by to fondly bask in all your great memories.

17.  Fall in Love:

Before you graduate from Notre Dame, fall in love. Fall in love with a boy or a career or a girl or a place or a cause. Just find something that you adore and devote yourself to it.

18.  Find your Passion:

This may be the hardest thing you ever do, but find something that makes you excited and motivates you every single day. Find a new dream to chase and pursue it.

19.  Decorate your Cap:

Some of you have already done the cap and gown routine, but it’s probably new for a good number of you. Whether this is your first cap or one of many, find a way to personalize it. Your parents will use it as honing beacon and you might just make the ND Instagram Account.

20.  Walk up the Steps:

When you finally have that piece of paper in hand, go mount those hallowed steps. The novelty doesn’t wear off (at least it hasn’t for me) and you will feel like you’ve summited Everest. It’s a beautiful sight!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: courtesy of the author

Maria Fahs

Notre Dame

Maria is finishing her Masters in English at Notre Dame. She has read many good books and several bad books, but she usually tries not to finish those. Her current favorites are: 1984, The Book Thief, The Tragedy Paper, Code Name Verity, Dr. Copernicus, I Am the Messenger, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and of course, Harry Potter. She is writing her second thesis on Harry Potter, exploring notions of authorship and reader agency in the digital age. She even managed to write her Capstone on British Children's Literature and designed her own Directed Readings Course on Notre Dame history during undergrad. Her favorite way to read is with a mug of tea and scented candles. When she doesn't have her nose stuck in a book, she can be found binging on the BBC (Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin [RIP]). Her favorite color is purple, she studied abroad in London, and she enjoys being an amateur painter. She harbors a not-so-secret dream of one day writing a children's book, but until then, she is likely to be found reading them and writing letters whenever she gets a chance. She hopes to teach English or work in a university sharing her love of education.