Trend Alert: Sally Hansen Nail Strips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Around campus, many students are showing off their Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. These strips are fun and easy- and come with everything you need to put them on!

Here’s the How-To:

First, you remove any nail polish, so that their fingernails are bare and clean. 

Then, you “select the best fitting strip for your nail,” according to Salon Hansen’s website.

“The nail strips come in different sizes, so you place the strip on that is the right size for your nail,” said Emily Arfman, a freshman in McCormick.

Afterwards, the strip is placed on your nail immediately after the clear, protective film on the back of the sticker is taken off, along with the paper and the silver tab on top of the strip.  The Salon Effects are made from real nail polish, so otherwise they will dry out. 

At last, the strip is placed against your cuticle line, and pressed onto your nail with the cuticle stick that comes in the package so that the strip sticks.  Then, the excess strip above your nail is folded over and filed off with the nail file.

“The strips look great when they’re done being applied; they fit on your nails perfectly,” said Colby Greene, a freshman in Weinberg who has experimented with the salon strips.

In addition, the process is over as soon as the strips are done being applied, since you won’t have to wait for wet nail polish to dry.

These nail polish strips come in many different designs and colors, such as leopard, polka dots, plaid, zebra print, solid colors, a lacey design and much more.

These strips can be applied anywhere and, although it takes concentration and effort, it’s worth it.

“They can be time consuming to put on but in the end they look fabulous,” said Arfman.
In addition, the strips eliminate a lot of the problems that accompany regular nail polish.

“They’re more convenient to use because they don’t smell in your dorm room like nail polish and nail polish remover do, and you don’t have to worry about the nail polish getting anywhere and making a mess,” said Greene.

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo