Top 5 Worst Dressed at the Academy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Where there is a Best Dressed list, there has to be a Worst Dressed list. Here are the unlucky winners:

Pharell Williams

Shorts to the Oscars was a bold move—and as much as I love Pharell, after his hat stunt at the Grammy’s, it would have been wise to play it safe

Anna Kendrick

This dress might be a floor-length replica of my middle school formal dress… it’s the exact same down to the red flower cutouts across the middle. Anna is adorable and she could have done so much better.

Veerle Baetens

You wouldn’t be able to tell by looking at her, but Veerle actually has an amazing body. Unfortunately, her sack of a dress does nothing to showcase it.

Jared Leto

Even though he won Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, I still can’t excuse the white tux. There is never, ever, ever, a reason to wear a white tux, even if it is just the jacket without matching pants.

Liza Minelli

This is senior prom gone wrong… Liza should have just stuck with her typical color pallet of black. Also, maybe she should have chosen a different silhouette. So, essentially she should have gone in a completely different direction. Sorry Liza, you’re still a star.

Ava Steir

Northwestern

Maya Voelk

Northwestern