Spring Fashion According To Our Bro Bloggers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Welcome to the Bro Blog!!!
We have 4 pages of bro opinions on what Spring means for fashion!!!
Check them all out  and enjoy:)

Looking for a specific blogger? Click on their names to navigate to their post!
J.P. Bowgen
Mike Mallazzo
Northwestern Guy
Ben Shartar

[pagebreak]

Spring has been teasing Northwestern. The temperature never seems to stay the same. For guys, this is torture. We catch glimpses of spring fashions, but it’s like false hope. There are always cold days to follow the warm ones, so “bird watching” is very limited. But think about it, guys. We have so much to look forward to when the sun comes out for more than a couple hours and the temperature never drops below 65 degrees.

What guy doesn’t like looking at a nice pair of legs? It’s a sight for sore eyes after a long winter. Sure, leggings are along the same lines. They’re tight fitting, they show some nice curves, but they aren’t the real thing. It’s like they’re mocking us. It’s like they know that we want to see a little bit more, but they won’t ever budge.

Lucky for us, we’re right on Lake Michigan. My advice to guys: take a walk on the lake when the sun comes out. If you’re looking for a glimpse of what spring has to offer, you’ll be sure to find it there. With two beaches and a Lakefill at their disposal, girls will be sure to take advantage of nice days. You never know, you may catch a cutie tanning on your afternoon walk.

Think about it, we haven’t had to endure much of a winter this year. By the time we’re back from spring break, we shouldn’t have much time to wait before campus is littered with more revealing outfits: lower cut shirts, shorter skirts, tighter dresses that aren’t covered by a heavy down coat.

There may come a day when that girl you like is wearing a baggy t-shirt rather than the outfit of your dreams, but that’s life. You can’t get “lucky” everyday, but when you do, it’ll be so satisfying.

Guys, I know it’s never fun to hear, but we need to be patient. Patience means everything in a situation like this. We’ve made it through most of the long haul now that it’s March. There is plenty to focus on in the weeks to come, so time will go by faster than we think it will. Before you know it, it will be April and the iPhone weather application will read 40 degrees as the low, rather than the high.

So this spring, finish your homework more quickly, start hitting the gym, and get ready for what more of what spring quarter has to offer.

Go to the next page for Mike’s bro blog!
[pagebreak]

Happy Leap Day Ladies,

It is days like this that make me excited to be alive.  The gods have blessed Chicago with glorious spring-like weather which has all of the boys looking forward to seeing our lovely hercampus readers in their spring and summer clothes.  After months of having to cover up to fight off the Lake Michigan winds, girls will soon take out the tanktops and cute sundresses and the broblog couldn’t be happier.  The dark days of winter in which cleavage is imprisoned by sweaters are girls are reduced to Eskimos are over.  It’s time to let loose, soak up the sun and show off all of the springtime fashions that will drive the boys crazy.

Unfortunately, the number of straight guys that are into fashion is tragically low.  Looking at how must of us dress, it is quite clear that we could use a queer eye for the straight guy.  While my lumberjack lookhas gotten approval from most girls, I often find Northwestern girls to be highly critical of how we dress.  It is important for ladies to remember how much fashion baffles us when they think about what clothes boys will really like.  Simply put, we don’t know what’s “hot” or “trendy” but we do know what will make you look hot.  Whether or not an article of clothing is in style is irrelevant to most guys as what we care about is how cute you look in it.  We’ll take a top and a pair of jeans that was “so five years ago” over 2012’s best if you pull it off well.  Don’t feel pressured to go out and buy the newest thing as we’ll be so happy to finally see shoulders again that we’ll think you’re the queen of style regardless.

That said, if you do go for the 2012 spring fashions, it’s all about keeping it cute and classy.  Go for styles that show a little cleavage but not too much as it’s important to peak our curiosity.  I’m also a fan of the light springtime jackets that can be worn open with a cute top to really bring about the perfect April outfit.  Don’t be afraid to bring out the springtime dressesor the cute polos.  These will make the boys giddy.  And finally, for the girl that is after my own heart, I could always use a fellow lumberjack.   

Go out and get your Vitamin D,
 Mike

Read what “Northwestern Guy” has to say about Spring Fashion!
[pagebreak]

What spring fashions am I excited to see?  No idea because I don’t even know what constitutes spring fashion.  Unfortunately, I can’t look it up either because I am a straight male, making it physically impossible for me to type in “female spring fashions” into Google.  But I do know one thing I am looking forward to seeing in the spring: skin, and lots of it.  I just want to see some scantily clad outfits.  You guys are all covered up ever since November.  I just saw some chick in the library wearing shorts and had to collect myself because I was so shocked at what I was seeing.  I come from a state where it’s warm all year and the girls wear nothing more than censor bars when they go out.  Needless to say, coming here was a little bit of a culture shock.  There are three things that I want to see this spring:

1. Legs – And by legs, I mean upper thigh.  I got to see plenty of lower calf sticking out of tights this winter to last me a lifetime.  Legs are just one of my things.  When I physically notice a girl it goes hair color, legs, then eyes.  As you can see, parts one and three were not affected by our typical “Day After Tomorrow” type of winter, but I’m looking forward to part two making a comeback.

2. Tans? – Now there’s a question mark because we don’t actually know when the sun is going to come out.  Could be April 2nd, could be sometime in May.  Plus, you don’t just get tan overnight.  Fortunately there is a foolproof solution, fake tans and for those who are really ambitious, tanning salons.  Now just to be clear, I am not encouraging fake tans because it’s not good for you.  But I would like to point out that the Mayans have us scheduled to be scorched from the Earth on December 21st.  And in my completely unfounded amateur medical opinion, I don’t think tanning salons can cause that much damage that quickly.

3.  Form fitting clothing – This is my take on women’s fashion in general, just make it skimpy and tight.  As I said earlier, I just want to see some scantily clad outfits.  But in all seriousness, it would be nice to see some bright colors.  This place is very gray and dull for most of the year except for spring.  In the spring, people are outside grilling, going to the beach, and just having fun.  It’s like school takes on a normal importance than the usual “OMG if I don’t get an A on this (insert unimportant class midterm) my life is over.”  And people dressing in brighter colors are all part of the campus becoming fun. 

4.  Feeling Warm – This is a little off topic, but it’s what everyone is looking forward to.  I just want to be able to walk outside, and still feel like I’m inside.  I can’t stand it when people try to rationalize the cold, like when it’s 50 degrees outside and people say, “Wow it’s really nice out today.”  Wrong.  Seriously, people sound brainwashed when they say that.  “But NGB, it’s nice out relative to yesterday.”  It’s not nice if there’s a possibility of catching pneumonia.  Nice weather is the second sentence in this paragraph and hopefully that’s coming in a short time.

Curious who “Northwestern Guy” is? Check out his profile… maybe you can figure it out!

Ben’s got something to say about… keep going!!!
[pagebreak]

For the fashion I am most excited for, I must take an opinion from possibly the most epic bro in the entirety of recorded brostery; this bro is of course the one and only, Barney Stinson. And to those who follow How I met Your Mother, the fashion I am most excited about is the sundress. Yes ladies and gentlemen, the sundress. It is a fashion capable of living a double life, because at once it can be both fun loving and playful, while still having the ability to make all dem boys look. While it shows the right amount of skin to make a man look, it still covers enough to be elegant with the style of a lady. The sundress is the garment embodiment of a perfect woman due to its versatility. It can be casual and carefree, but in a moment’s notice it can be turn that playful girl into quite the southern belle. To quote the world-renowned troubadour, Ludacris, the perfect woman is “A lady in the street but a freak in the bed.” Now put the vulgarity of that last comment aside, think about it. The sundress is that perfect balance that guys look for. For each guy that balance is different. For example, the balance between being able to bro out and have fun, and also being a lady. Yes, I am applying gender stereotypes, get over it, I’m a bro. The sundress is fantastic because of its endless possibilities, and when it comes out of the closet, you know you have months of sunshine in store for you. 

As for the body part I am most excited to see… when the sun comes out I can’t wait for their personality. People become so much happier and outgoing in the spring and it really allows their winning personality to shine on through with the bright rays of the sun. What? Were you expecting a different response? tits

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo