The Return Of Revenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Image taken from abc.com

Now that fall is upon us we no longer have to worry about where we will get our fill of campy drama. We can now visit the Hamptons from our living rooms– “Revenge” returned last night!

There have been some changes in the months since the show ended. Even though it has only been a few weeks in TV show time, Victoria Grayson has “died” in a plane crash. Emily’s former fiancé Daniel is now dating her former best friend Ashley. Jack and his pregnant kind of girlfriend Amanda are now living together. Nolan has started to box and Emily has resumed her training since they were both almost killed in the season finale. In other words, it was just a typical summer in the Hamptons.

After she took some time off, Emily decided she was ready to get back on the revenge horse. Ruining people’s lives is a job she takes seriously and not even being kidnapped and an inch away from death is enough to keep her away. She finds Nolan, her partner in crime, and together they visit an abandoned hospital that Emily remembers from when she was younger. It turns out that her mother was there and that it was mysteriously shut down two days after her father was arrested. Scandal! A little snooping around also revealed that Victoria visited Emily’s mom using a fake name. This is enough to make Emily suspicious, which never happens, and she wants to cozy up to the Graysons again to hopefully find her mother.

Emily decides to crash the memorial that is being held for Victoria. Do these people really think that she’s dead? There are quite a few awkward stares between Emily and Daniel and everyone seems really happy even though it’s a memorial, but it is otherwise a normal gathering. Oh wait. Except for when Charlotte was being dragged away for failing her drug test and she ran to whisper something into Emily’s ear. It probably has nothing to do with Victoria.

The next scene shows Emily visiting with Victoria. What?! She’s alive! Who would have guessed? The show was getting a little boring without Queen Victoria’s cold demeanor. The real shocker in this episode was that Victoria was actually being nice to Emily. They were working together to bring down Conrad Grayson and all was right with the world. However, nothing is ever right in this Revenge world. Emily planted a camera in Victoria’s house because that is what you do when you visit a new place. When she looked at the video from the shell camera, Emily saw that Victoria was in cahoots with the man who tried to kill her. Emily, you’re being played!

Overall, this was not the most exciting episode of Revenge but it did set up quite a few stories that will hopefully unravel this season. We’re thrilled to have it back!

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo